Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introduction

Hi everyone,

My name is Joanna and I'm addicted to food. Like alcoholism leads to cirrhosis, smoking leads to lung cancer, food leads to obesity. I'm starting this introduction out in a very somber manner - but it's just to give a little background on me, and will in no way portray the actual manner of the future installments.

For several years, I have struggled with my weight. I've tried dieting, I've tried exercising here and there..but with little or no success. I've bought books, tapes, CDs, watched TV shows - nothing has really helped. Every diet and weight loss program that I have started have all said that there is a very important factor that a person needs to do in order to achieve weight loss - and that's to keep a food journal. Well, to me, that was something really hard to do. It was so boring to write down everything I ate, tally up the calories I consumed, blah, blah, blah, that I decided to go a different approach - thus which leads me to this blog.

I think that weight loss, for a food addict anyways, needs to be approached as any other addiction. There's going to be ups, downs, withdrawal symptoms, falling "back on the wagon", etc. Being that I really do love to write, love to entertain, and really need to find something that will work with my weight loss I decided I would try something a little different. This will be a dieting journal - but instead of hearing about the boring details of what I ate and how much I weigh - I figured I'd throw in all of the "craziness" that will be associated with the whole process.

So - have fun, enjoy, feel free to laugh - I hope this will be a story of fun, pain, and ultimately weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!