Monday, May 11, 2009

Find A Support Group

People have been telling me for years that it's much easier to lose weight when you find a person to do it with. I tried that, it didn't work. When you work with a person that is in the same situation as you weight wise, and has as much will power as you (ie - none!) then it's highly doubted that much success will come from the duo.

However, what about finding someone to help you who is a health junkie? They eat, live and breath healthy food and exercise? That, my friends, is a plan for success!! Now throw in the mix an attitude like Jillian Michaels - and bam, you're on your way to serious weight loss!!

Of course, by all of this I'm making very quick assumptions, but I've found someone like this - not just someone, but a group of someones. I joined a playgroup full of women that dedicate their lives to health and fitness. I honestly thought that my fat ass would stick out like a sore thumb when I walked into the home of the group leader - and it did - but they didn't act like they noticed it. The women were friendly, understanding to my issues, and most of all - fun.

Even though they are "into" a healthy lifestyle - it's not all about yoga class and veggies. They enjoy doing activities that the kids can participate in, food that won't make you say "yuck", and a night out on the town every now and then. They do participate in gym sessions, yoga, and hiking, but there are also other fun activities like sports, swimming, walking around the mall and markets - just stuff to get you up off the couch and having some fun at the same time.

The best part about this group is the fact that one of the organizers used to be a personal trainer before she had her baby. She now has focused her talents on the group of mommies all dying to get into shape or stay in shape. She plans a lot of the activities for the moms only - and a lot of the playdates she shares great tips on how to make yummy snack foods that are good for you!!

So, I'm going to try this out. I went to my first playdate last week and had a total BLAST!! Jada really enjoyed herself too. This week, we have a couple of activities planned that I'm going to go to - but I'm also going to start working out tonight again. My goal is EVERY night for 30 minutes, and then whatever I can do during my playdates and trips. I will do this for a couple of weeks - then up the workouts to 60 minutes a day plus the extras. I forgot to weigh myself this morning to see what my weight is - but I'll get it when I do the Wii Fit tonight. I'm curious to see how much I've put on in the last week -cause I've been pretty lazy, I know, shocker right?? LOL

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!