Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Time is Here Again

Well, my plan of this journal helping me lose weight is failing miserably - and now I have Easter to throw into the mix..UGH!!

Like most parents do this time of year, I will be taking my kids to an Easter egg hunt, buying them Easter goodies, and helping them eat their chocolate. I was really good, and only bought the kids a couple of things - so that the temptation to help them eat it wasn't as bad...but I know that my family won't be as considerate to me and will load all the kids up with chocolate like they always do. I suppose it's only fair - and my kids shouldn't suffer just because I have absolutely no will power to stay away from the loot.

I haven't done my Wii Fit in almost a week - and I have my excuses, like I've been busy...but it's no excuse. I've found the time to sit my fat ass in front of the TV for at least 30 minutes every night - instead of using the time to burn off the extra calories I've been shoveling into my face - but no, American Idol, House and Hell's Kitchen are obviously much higher on my priority list.

So - I've been hearing a lot about these new books that are out called Skinny Bitch. I am definately not one for diet books - but when I read the tagline I have to say I was intrigued. It reads: "If you can't take one more day of self-loathing, you're ready to hear the truth: You cannot keep shoveling the same crap into your mouth every day and expect to lose weight." The authors claim to be "bitches" who tell you like it is - and don't sugar coat the truth. They sound like my kind of women!! Currently there is a book, a recipe book, and a "Get your ass of the couch" journal that I think I'm going to invest in this weekend. Supposedly, they don't read like the other "how to lose weight" crap books that are collecting dust on my book shelf. I'll take a look this weekend - and see if it's something worth reading.

I still have hope that there is something/one out there that can motivate me to get my fat thighs into action to burn the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!