Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ok Crazy Bitches - Are You Serious???

Last night, I made it to chapter 6 - and the intrigument is still there to continue. But the authors of this book really are some crazy bitches!! I got to a line in the book that almost made me slam it shut, laugh out loud, and continue my journey to find the answers...the line reads "...if you want to be skinny, you have to be vegetarian - someone that doesn't eat dead animals or seafood". This line comes after they have explained the disgusting process of how animals are treated, slaughtered, and the thousands of poisons that are fed to animals that get passed on to humans at consumption. I will openly admit that the information they give did make me say "ugh" a couple of times - but sure as hell didn't make me march my fat ass to the freezer to remove all animal products!

So, it's obvious that these woman who authored this book are on a quest to "convert" meat eaters to the non meat-eating faith...but, sorry ladies - you're not gonna be able to convert me. The more devastating effect came in chapter 5 where they swear off any type of dairy product too! They, again, give fascinating facts and details to support their claims that meat products and dairy products are evil - and add flubber to your thighs - and they give options to soy based products that are "almost as good as the real thing"...but, again, sorry ladies - but I know tons of skinny bitches that enjoy their Steak n' Shake every once in a while. There is absolutely no way that they can convince me that the only way I'm gonna shed the pounds is by completely cutting my dear animal friends - and their byproducts - off my menu any time soon.

Despite these horrific instructions for their "get skinny" regimine - I'm not throwing them in the trash, just yet. I've been intrigued enough to get this far - it's only fair that I give them a chance and finish the book. I still think that a lot of what they say makes sense - and they do offer great tips... which I will point out in another post...but come on, really?? You really expect your readers to swear off everything BUT fruits, veggies, and grains? I doubt it. However, there has to be a way to "tweak" their advice to suit my needs - and any other meat lover out there - so my quest has had another challenge thrown into the mix. This could be fun - I'm not sure how they feel about a "Skinny Bitch who still eats meat and dairy" saga....but I'm now on the quest to do it.

Hmmm...I feel my thighs getting smaller already!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!