Saturday, August 01, 2009

Day 42: Last Day of Slacking

So, things have not been good the past few days. Today is the last day of the slump - tomorrow it's back to the grind and make up for lost time.

I did get out of the house some today - took my dogs to the vet, went to visit my friend, and went out to my mom's. The only problem? No exercise, and no focus on my food. I only had one meal today - again, not good - but it was fried food!! UGH!!

I'm down to the wire now, and no room for set backs. It's no excuse that I've let myself slip just because life has been throwing me curve balls. I should of been knocking them out of the park, but it's just been strike after strike. Well, I'm not out yet - I just have to suck it up and get my head back in the game.

I have 18 days to go until weigh in. I can't back down now, I can't throw everything away that I've been working so hard to do. So, for the next 18 days I'm stepping it up. Starting tomorrow, it's 1 hour on the treadmill and I'm uping the weights too. Mondays and Tuesdays have been my "off" days because I work all day -but not anymore. I'm now going to make myself work out in the evenings - I don't care how tired I am. It's do or die - and I want the results to pay off. It's still not about the numbers at the end of all this - but I want a sense of accomplishment. I don't want the 60 days to be over and think "damn, if I just hadn't slacked off for those few days"...there has to be no doubt in my mind that I did everything I could.

So, tomorrow - game back on...I still got one pitch left...I'm going for a home run!!

Till next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!