Tuesday, April 01, 2014

All Aboard the Crazy Train

                                            

Great.  Now all day long, I'm going to have Ozzy's "Crazy Train" stuck in my head.  Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay.

But, that's actually a picture of me riding a train on Sunday.  The Zoo Train.  Not sure what was going on with my hand, but well...it fits with today's post.

Yes, Sunday, I took the kids to the zoo.  Butter had asked to go for his birthday, but the weather wasn't really cooperating when it was his birthday.  So, we waited another week and went on Sunday.  Which, just happened to be the PERFECT day to go.  The temperature was around 70 degrees, the sun was shining, and all the animals were out enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather.

We spent about five hours walking around, enjoying our day.  The kids were all in a great mood, there wasn't a single issue of fighting, and the whining was very minimal.  And that only occurred after being in the zoo for about 4 hours, and someone (Jelly) getting a little tired.   We all had a great time.  I think everyone in Tulsa decided to take advantage of the gorgeous weather, because the place was PACKED.  But, despite how busy it was, we were able to get in and see everything we wanted to see and hardly had to stand in line for anything.  

We didn't end up getting home until after 7PM, once we stopped off at McDonald's to grab dinner on the way home.  It was a McDonald's that has one of those Play Places... and Jelly was so excited to see it.  I was shocked that she still had so much energy to play after spending all day walking around the zoo, but she did.

Once we got home, the kids all took their showers ready for bed, and I went straight to work finishing up my lesson plans for the week.  I finally made it to bed around midnight.  Talk about exhausted... and that's why I didn't write my blog yesterday morning, because I decided to sleep in a little longer than usual.  

But, it was needed, knowing that I was going in to the week that I'm going to have.

Last night was Jelly's Family Night at school.  That lasted until almost 7PM.  Tonight, Peanut and Butter have their first Track Meet, and no doubt that will last until around 8PM.  Tomorrow, I'm taking the day off to take Butter to an appointment that's going to last a couple of hours.  Thursday, it's Art Night at school, and I'll most likely end up being there until around 7PM again.  And, Friday, Peanut wants to go to the movies with her friends so who knows how late I'll be out waiting to pick her up.

It's been a while since I've had such crazy schedule, but I'm getting quite used to it.  

Next year will be even more fun, once Peanut gets in to high school.  If she makes it on to the Debate Team and the Show Choir AND the Volleyball Team, I'll have my fill of crazy weeks just like this one.

We had that conversation in the car on the way home from the zoo on Sunday.  How crazy life will get starting next year.  Peanut made the comment that I don't have to go to ALL of her activities, if I don't want to.  We then looked at each other and laughed.  We both know that's crazy talk.  If I can be there, I will be.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  The only challenge will be juggling between her and Butter's various activities...but I'll make out a schedule if I have to, so that it's fair and I make it to as many activities as possible to watch them play, perform, or whatever.

That's just what I do.

Sure, I could opt to not go to ALL of the activities.  I could just go home and pick the kids up later, or hang out at school, or whatever.  But WHY ON EARTH WOULD I??  Watching my kids do the things they enjoy doing is apart of my life, and I love every minute of it.  Sure, I might complain about how tired I am every once in a while, but I'll take tired over missing out on being there for them.

Last week, I was accused of being a bad mother.  Well, not so much a bad mother, more along the lines of being "fake" about the type of mother that I am.  Which in my mind, is the same thing.  That I don't really care as much about my kids as I make it seem, and that I treat all of my kids differently and aren't as involved with their lives as I make it sound.

Well, other people may think that if they want to, but I know the truth.  I know what kind of mother that I am, and the last thing I'd say about myself is that I'm "fake".  I'm not a perfect mother, sure, but I try my absolute best to do what I can.

And, the only reason I say that I'm not a "perfect" mother is because I believe there to be no such thing.  All parents have room to grow, adapt, and improve on their parenting skills.  I make mistakes.  I do thinks I regret.  I often wish I could do more.  But, there is absolutely no way anyone can doubt the love I have for my children or how much I'll try to do everything I can for them.

Anywho, got off there on a little vent I hadn't planned.

But, I am going to keep doing what I'm doing and be happy about it.  Not getting home until late, and sacrificing some sleep is worth it.  I really do enjoy being apart of all the activities my kids enjoy.

Life at work is just as crazy as life outside of work.  Being that we're down to the wire, there's plenty of stress for everyone.  I'm trying my best to just stay in my own little world, and not let anyone or anything get me down.

There's a lot more to the story, but that's for another time and after I get more information.  

But, right now, it's time for me to get ready for work.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!