Sunday, April 06, 2014

The Things I'll Do For a Good Cause

For the past several days, I've been logging in to my Facebook and watching people from all over being "challenged" to jump in to freezing water for the sake of raising money for various charities.  It's called the "24 hour cold water challenge".

Basically, it boils down to being called out on Facebook by a friend and once they've completed their challenge, you have 24 hours to complete your own.  If you do it, you pay $10 to a charity of your choice.  If you don't do it, you have to pay $50 to the charity.  

When I first started seeing the videos circulating, I thought those people were NUTS!  Grown adults, jumping in to rivers.  But, watching the videos was extremely entertaining.  I had a good laugh at every video I watched.  Then, I started noticing that people I actually KNEW were doing the challenges, and I started getting a little nervous.

And, wouldn't you know, yesterday I was challenged by none other than E.  

I will admit, when I got challenged I was actually OK with it.  I'm all about joining in for a little fun for the sake of a good cause.  The only problem was, at that point, I wasn't around a river and had no intentions of being around a river before my 24 hours expired.  

So, I decided to improvise...and came up with this....



I tell you.  That water was FREEZING!!!  That first burst of water that hit me completely caught me off guard.  The weather wasn't exactly warm, but I didn't think it would be that bad.  Then, when I turned around for the other blast, it was like jumping in to an ice bath.  And, of course, the kids thought it was HILARIOUS!! 

Once I was done, my legs started to feel numb.  I was tingling all over, and shivering.  It's amazing how quickly cold water can freeze you from the inside out.  But, I quickly went inside, changed my clothes, and was all nice and warm again.  I posted my video on Facebook and went about my business.

It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I got to take part.  I just wished I'd gone to the river to do it...I'm sure that would have been a lot more dramatic.  And, you know I'm all about being as dramatic as possible.  HA!

Today, the kids and I are going over to P-Momma's house...again!!  Twice in two weeks.  That's some kind of record, I'm sure.  And I couldn't be more excited about it.  I love going over there and so do the kids, so anytime we can make it we are all very happy about it.

Before we go, though, I'm going to get a hair cut.  It's time.  I'm not going to elaborate any more than that, because that's what tomorrow's blog will be about...

So, today.  We're going to P-Momma's.  We're going to have some fun, she's going to make dinner for us, and we're going to enjoy her company.  I get to tell her all about the new clothes I've bought, thanks to her referral.  I get to tell her about what's been going on in my life since last week.  And, I'll get to hear all about what's going on with her. 

In between all of that, I need to go and buy Peanut a ball glove for softball that starts this week.  Yesterday, at our meeting, we coordinated practice schedules.  My team, which is also Peanut's team, will be practicing on Mondays and Wednesday from 6-7PM.  Jelly's team will be practicing on Monday and Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30PM.  Butter will be practicing on Tuesday and Thursdays from 6-7PM.  And, my and Butter's team will also be practicing on Saturdays.  So, from now to the end of ball season, I won't get home until about 8PM four nights a week!

CRAZY!

It doesn't last forever, though, and the fun we'll have will be worth it.  I just hope poor little Jelly won't get too tired from practicing so late.  I know that she falls asleep around 7:30PM on school nights, so it will be tough to keep her awake and practicing two nights a week.  

Anywho, I better get to getting right now.  I have to go and get my hair cut and do some other stuff before we head to P-Momma's.  SO much to do, and SO little time!!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!