Friday, May 30, 2014

School's Out For Summer!! Well...Kinda..Not Really


School is officially out.  My last day was Tuesday, but somehow I just couldn't stay away from the place until today.  A lot of that has to do with the fact that summer school started on Wednesday, and I volunteered to help out for a couple of days to make sure the computer labs were up and running so that the teachers who will be teaching the Minecraft classes for the first half of summer school were trained and ready.  I now have today and all of next week off before it's my turn to teach some summer school classes.

As you can see, it's going to be a tough week.  Sitting on my patio, enjoying the view of the pool, getting my creative juices flowing once again so that I can get this blog up and running again.  It's a hard life, but someone has to do it.  I'm kind of hoping that we can get rid of all the rain we've been having so the pool can warm up a bit so that I might be able to enjoy some pool time alone before I'm gone each day.

In addition to doing some blogging, I also have to write a 500 word essay about my teaching for entrance in to college to get my Master's.  I was supposed to have it done before school got out, but you know...with all that extra time I had on my hands... I somehow let it get away from me.  Then, once blogging and essay writing is over with, I plan on finding the books I've been waiting to read and doing exactly that.  With my feet up, a cup of coffee, and the birds chirping in the distance.

Heaven.  On Earth.

There's not many opportunities that I get to spend some time alone.  Without the kids around.  Or even Hubby for that matter.  He's here, but he's going to be sleeping or playing his video games during the day, so it won't interfere with my "alone time".  I love my kids and all the time we get to spend together, but everyone needs and deserves some time to themselves now and then.  All the kids are in summer school.  Peanut had to go because of being in show choir next year.  It helps her get ready for the transition to being a freshman, and also helps her make some new friends.  Butter and Jelly are just going because it's fun, educational, and they earn $100 for doing it.  I will get up and drive them every day in order to get them $100 each to do something fun with once summer school is over.

A week of sitting around doing absolutely nothing sounds fantastic right now, but I wonder how long it will be before I'm itching for something to do? I guess if I get bored of sitting and enjoying the peace and quiet, then there's plenty of gardening and cleaning to do.  Ugh.  Cleaning.  I'm pretty sure I will have to be desperate for something to do if that becomes an option.  But, then again, sometimes it's nice to clean house while the kids are gone and aren't messing it up as fast as it's being cleaned.

Still, though.  There's weekends for house cleaning.  Don't think I'll run out of things to do before cleaning house becomes an option.

Hopefully.

Thankfully, I'm currently taking some online work-at-my-own-pace college courses as well.  I enrolled in them for the specific purpose of having something to do while the kids were away and once summer school was over.  I somehow never get tired of learning.  And, I'm taking classes I want to take rather than classes I have to take.  That will change once I start my Master's program in August, so these college classes are really to help get me back in to school mode.  And then there's always napping.  That's another activity that can be added to the list of things to do.  And I'm pretty sure that napping will be something I can do right here on my patio, as well.

Even though it's not yet warm enough for me to get in to the pool, I can't complain about the weather too much.  It's gorgeous, actually.  It's been staying in the upper 70's to lower 80's each day, and it's rained quite a bit.  The rain has washed away some of the dust, but it's causing everything to grow at super sonic speeds.  Meaning the grass has to be mowed more often, which means more allergy problems for me.  But, while it's wet outside, Hubby can't mow, so I guess I should just enjoy the rain and coolness.

And now, with talking about all the stuff I have planned to do, I want to get to doing it.  First up?  500 word essay.  That HAS to be done ASAP.  So, I better get to getting it done if I want to do anything else, like my reading or the scheduled nap.  Can't be taking things off the schedule on day one!!

T.G.I.SUMMER is all I'm thinking right now!!

Have a great Friday, everyone!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!