Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I'm Wearing My Blue Today

                                       

Today, I'm thinking of a very important person.  Someone that means very much to me, very much to all that know him.  Someone that always has a way of keeping me motivated, and reminding me that I'm doing just fine and to trust my instincts.  Someone that came in to my life only a couple of years ago, but feels like he's been a friend forever.

Last week, I spoke of the shocking news I'd heard about this dear friend.  A shock that has been with me ever since, but I haven't let it get me down.  I've used that news to push myself, keep myself motivated, and stay positive.  I owe him that much.  

After hearing the news, I told him that I couldn't change my thought process.  I had to believe that everything was going to be OK, that I couldn't become all melancholy or sad.  That's just not how I handle things.  I don't do well with bad news, so I have to stay positive and believe that the bad news is just a blip in the radar, and that it will pass with no worries.

And that's what I'm believing today.

Today is a very important day.  A day that will show what the power of prayer, positive thoughts, and a family unit of love can do.  As he goes in for surgery, we all go with him.  In spirit.  He will be in our hearts today, and every prayer and positive thought that we can emit from our beings will be directed to him... because there's power in those things.  I truly believe that.  

I don't think it's fair that a person who's spent he's entire adult life motivating people and being a friend to all that knows him should have to go through what he's going through today, but fairness never has much to do with it.  We often have to accept situations beyond our control, and face them head on.  That's what makes us who we are. And I truly believe he's a champion at these types of situations.

It was a tough decision for me to write about this today.  I don't like to air personal situations of others on my blog.  I keep these pages reserved for the stuff that's going on in my life, and try to keep what's going on with others well away from this world.  

But, today deserves an exception.

Today, my blog isn't about sharing the battle that someone I care very much for is dealing with, it's about calling on those that read it.  Whether you know who I'm talking about, or you have no idea, I come to you all today with a special request.  

I am sending out a request that all that read these words join with me today in holding my friend in your thoughts and prayers.  I truly believe in the power of positivity, and I ask that all that has taken some time out of their day to read these words, can hold a few more minutes of positivity in your hearts for this very special person.

If you pray, please pray.  If you don't, please just think about a strong person who's about to embark on a major battle and send some positive vibes.  If neither of those things work for you, I ask that you take a second and ask yourself what you would do if it was someone you care very much for.  Whatever that is, please do it for him today.  Yes, I understand I'm asking some of you to reach out your thoughts and prayers to a complete stranger, but if you are here... you know of me, or you know a little about my life, so the fact that I'm asking this should tell you how important it is to me.

I truly believe that our lives are shaped by the people we encounter.  Sometimes those encounters are good, sometimes they're bad.  There are people that influence your very being, and help carve out the person you want to be.  That is who I'm thinking about today.  

I clearly remember the first time I met him.  He was well known with the people I knew, but I had no idea who he was.  I'd heard about him, people had told me all about him.  And, I'll admit, the first time we interacted, I was extremely intimidated.  I'm not sure if he knew it or not, but he made sure to never treat me as the stranger among friends.  He treated me like he treated everyone else, he laughed at my jokes, he got my sarcasm.  And my intimidation disappeared instantly, and was replaced with knowing that I was going to like him and we were going to get along just fine.

In the two years since that time, I've never felt intimidated around him.  He's always made me feel welcome, appreciated, and accepted.  

He's listened to me complain.  He's listened to me whine.  He's listened to me crack jokes.  He's listened to me get excited over an idea that popped in my brain, and I just had tell someone about it.  He's heard me laugh and he's heard me cry.  He's heard me talk and he's heard me yell.  

Yet, no matter how I approach him, his demeanor towards me has never changed.  He's listened.  He tells me what I need to hear.  And then, we move on.  It's over.  Finished.  Time for a new beginning or to keep doing what I'm doing.  

He is a man I respect with everything inside of me.  A man I look up to.  A person I strive to be more like.  He has a way about him that just makes him a likable person, someone that everyone who knows him loves.  And, at the end of the day, we need him.  

So, I'm going to leave you all now asking, once again, to send those thoughts and prayers out today.  Show what power those things hold.  I just know that he's going to be OK, and he will pull through this... but some support to back up my thoughts never hurts.  

I am wearing blue, today, for him.  

I hope that everyone truly has a wonderful day, today, and please...any chance you get... think of the man that inspires, teaches, respects, and accepts all that know him.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!