Monday, October 20, 2014

Let the Long, Short Week Begin!!

What a great weekend.  It was the first weekend in a while that I didn't have to go anywhere, other than grocery shopping, and all I had to do was finish up some work for PT conferences.  The rest of the time I was able to mentally prepare myself for this week ahead of me.

Saturday, I sat at my kitchen table and worked for a few hours.  I got my conference binder organized and completed, and even managed to get all of the new reading goal folders filled out.  That was an extra project that I brought home, but wasn't mandatory to finish by today.  I got my lesson plans written for the week, and made all sure all of my grades were in.  

Then, I spent the rest of the day on the couch crocheting the baby blanket I have been working on.  The original plan was to make a baby blanket, matching hat, mittens and booties.  However, I was getting low on yarn and planned on buying more when I went grocery shopping, yesterday.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the color I was using when I went grocery shopping, so I had to change my plans and just go with a baby afghan/hat set.  

Anywho, I worked on the baby blanket until about 11PM Saturday night, and then I called it a night.  Yesterday morning I was up at 8:30.  After writing my blog, I worked on updating my iPad and backing up the gazillion photos I've taken over the past year and haven't gotten around to backing up yet.  That's a very timely chore when it's been so long.  I keep telling myself that I have to back stuff up more often, but I never do.  

After a couple of hours of messing with that, we decided to go and do our weekly grocery shopping.  It was a surprisingly quick trip.  Usually, grocery shopping takes a couple of hours, at least.  But, we were in and out of the store in no time and I was back home to continue my crocheting project.  After realizing that I couldn't buy the yarn I needed, I had to make a few adjustments to the baby blanket in order to have enough yarn left for a hat.  I really didn't want to have to wait until I could get to Hobby Lobby to see if I could find the yarn there, so I dug out an off-white yarn to use for the border of the blanket, and managed to finish the blanket up.  After that was all finished, I got the hat mostly done, but realized at 11PM that I had better call it a night because I had a long week ahead of me.

Being that I spent the majority of my weekend sitting at my table, working, or on the couch, crocheting, I didn't get in very many steps on my pedometer.  I really have to do a better job at working some exercise in to my schedule.  I mean, it's not like I was up to my neck in activities that prevented me from going out for a walk.  I have my eating down to where I really don't even have to think much before I eat something.  I know what I can and can't eat, what I should and shouldn't eat, yet I just can't seem to get the motivation to do something about exercising.  That will come and bite me in the butt, soon, if I don't start.  I can only go so long depending on my better eating habit to drop the weight off of me before I'm going to have to start upping the intensity.  

Today, I get to work a thirteen hour day.  The same goes for tomorrow.  Conferences run until 8PM both tonight and tomorrow, which means extremely long days for us.  Thankfully, we get to put in a normal day on Wednesday and then we have Thursday and Friday off work to rest and recuperate from the long, short week.  

Tonight, I'm pretty much booked all the way up until 8PM, but tomorrow I only have conferences scheduled until 6PM.  That doesn't mean I get to leave early, I still have to stay until 8... it just means I get to do some work in my classroom after all of my conferences are finished.  That's actually a rare treat, and I'm quite looking forward to having a couple of hours getting some stuff organized.  I always have plenty to keep me busy in my classroom.  

Being that we're working so late, the staff is doing a pot luck both tonight and tomorrow night.  Pot lucks always make me extremely nervous when I'm trying to lose weight.  We are not going an extra week until weigh-in, like I had originally thought, and will be weighing in on Wednesday.  That means I'm going to have to really watch myself today and tomorrow if I want to continue my progress.  I picked up a few things to donate to the pot luck, but I went ahead and planned my meals out for tonight and tomorrow so that I can stay clear of the pot luck room.  I'm perfectly content with eating a sandwich for dinner tonight, and a bowl of soup tomorrow night.  I don't need to tempt myself with a plethora of baked goods and sweets.  

Well, I'm keeping it kinda short and sweet today.  Got to get myself ready and get the kids up.  

It's going to be a great week.  I'm ready.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!