Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Oh, Holy Night

Even though I promised that I wasn't going to blog about the snow anymore, I will say that I'm at home on another snow day.  We also got a little more snow last night, and the temperature outside is WAY below freezing.  The temperature today is supposed to barely get above freezing... if it actually does.. but the sun is supposed to come out, so we're expecting a little melting to occur.  The problem will be, though, whatever melts today will refreeze tonight.

But, enough about that.

Last night, I got to have another Christmas movie night.  It's the third Christmas movie I've watched this year, so far.  We kicked off the Christmas season on Thanksgiving night by watching Polar Express.  On Saturday night, we watched a Christmas movie on Netflix called Saving Santa.  I'd never seen it before, but it was pretty cute.  Last night, I drug Peanut out of her room and the kids and I watched Elf.  My favorite Christmas movie.  

It felt good doing something Christmassy.  I should have been doing something like wrapping gifts, but I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to pull that off with the kids in the house.  I figure that I'm going to have to lock myself up in my bedroom one night and wrap.  Then what I'm going to do with the wrapped gifts so that they stay pretty and wrapped is beyond me.  My new house doesn't have near the hiding spaces that my old house had.  

The Christmas bug is biting at me big time.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm locked up in the house, but I want to get my Christmas shopping finished, BAD.  I just want to know that I've gotten everything I need, and be done.  That includes gifts and stocking stuffers.  I don't want to worry, anymore, about what I still need.   Not that I'm super worried about it, I'd just like the peace of mind knowing that I don't have anything else to take care of.  Especially being that there's only 2 weeks until Christmas.  Then, I can put on some Christmas music, lock my bedroom door, and wrap until my little hearts' content.  Which will probably take a couple of evenings.  Doubt I'll get it all done in one night.

It's been harder than normal to get in to my normal Christmas spirit, because there's been so much going on.  I really wish I was able to let it all out here, it sure would help, but I can't.  All I can say is that someone very close to me is dealing with something MAJOR.  Life-threatening.  And that has caused just a tad bit of extra stress.  

Not just that, but I'm also helping Peanut deal with some stuff.  She's been having a rough time, lately, and she's also been hurt by someone close to her...and me.  It's not fair that a thirteen year old has to deal with some of the stuff she's dealing with.  She also tends to take after me and keep her feelings bottled up inside.  Thankfully, she's got an amazingly close friend that's watching out for her, and she's got me.  

We had a really good talk last night, and she was able to let out a lot of her frustrations.  It hurt my heart to see her so upset about stuff that's completely out of her control, and stuff she shouldn't be worrying herself with.  The problem is, though, she cares WAY too much about what others think of her.  How others see her.  She tries to do everything she can to please people, or watch out for them, or to help them....and it often blows up in her face.  

She really is one of the most caring, loving, genuinely honest people I know.  She gets so stressed and upset because she just wants everyone around her to be happy, even if that comes at the expense of her own feelings.  I just wish that she would learn to let some things go, so she could be happier.  

That's probably why I'm so freaked out about the whole Christmas shopping situation.  Peanut is the one I still need to shop for, and I want to make sure that she has a great Christmas.  Not that the gifts will make or break her Christmas, but it sure would be nice to see some surprise and happiness on her face Christmas morning.  

Other than these meloncholy feelings going on in my house, I've also been enjoying my new crocheting endeavors.  Last night, I made one of those fake beard things I've been seeing a lot of.  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and I even managed to talk Jelly in to modeling my creation for me.  I made it in a baby size, so I had to force it on Jelly, but it came out really well...

                                

I've also been working on a new pattern for a scarf that I'm really starting to like.  At first, I was kinda unsure about it, but now it's starting to grow on me.  It's a lot more time consuming than the infinity scarves that I made, but I like the way it looks.  I really need to start working up some beanies and headbands, though, as they are usually the easiest things to sell.  I also have a whole bag of leftover yarn balls that I plan on making in to flowers to pin on to the headbands and scarves.  They can be sold seperately.

Anywho, here's the new scarf pattern....

                              

It's a lot longer than this, now, but I might need to put it up for a while so that I can get the other stuff made.

OK, I feel like I need to go because I'm boring myself from rereading what I've wrote this morning.  I really need to come up with some new material.  My posts seem to be a little all over the place, and a lot of that has to do with being locked up in the house.  As much as I'm enjoying it, it's very hard to come up with riveting blog posts when all I have to talk about is what's taken place in my house over the past few days.

I will make it a priority to write some blog post ideas, today.  Right after writing my plans for tomorrow.  Which I should probably be doing right about now.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!