Sunday, December 15, 2013

Step Into Christmas

Well, I'm very happy to report that I am COMPLETELY done with my Christmas shopping.  

Done.

Finished.

Finito.

Gifts.  Stocking stuffers.  Everything.  All bought and ready to be wrapped.

I didn't have to fight any crowds.  I didn't have to hunt high and low for any specific gifts I was looking for.  I just went, found, bought, and conquered.  

I'm feeling very happy and pleased with myself, but my credit card is about to call 9-1-1.  Christmas is EXPENSIVE!!!  The good thing is, I've told my kids that this Christmas wouldn't be a majorly big Christmas with fancy electronics, big ticket items, etc.  I was able to get them several things off of their Christmas lists, without going too crazy.

The only thing I worry about is that I tell my kids pretty much every Christmas that we won't be having a big Christmas, and then we do.  And I just hope they're not disappointed on Christmas morning when they realize that for the first time in about ten years, I wasn't kidding or joking when I say that it's not going to be a big Christmas.  

The good thing is, though, that apart from the one or two "big ticket items" that I passed over on the kids' Christmas lists that they asked for, there wasn't any other major purchases to make.  My kids don't really want for much of anything.  And I know that regardless of what they get, they'll be happy.  They maybe a little shocked that I wasn't kidding when I said no big electronics, but I'm positive that they'll be happy with what they do get.  That's just how they are.  They are pretty good when it comes to being grateful with what they get, and I know that they would never complain about anything they get for Christmas... or don't get.

Now that I am done, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I can now "step in to Christmas" without anymore worrying or stressing about anything.  I always get kinda crazy up until I'm done because I worry that something will happen that will prevent me from finishing before Christmas.  Once I'm done, I can enjoy the rest of the time I have between when I'm done and Christmas... and just stress and worry about getting it all wrapped in time. HA!

This morning, I'm taking Hubby out to get his Christmas present.  I won't be able to wrap it and put it under the tree, but it's something he's wanted for a long time and there's no way I could buy it without him there with me.  That would be the new iPhone 5S.  I upgraded my phone a little while back, but I opted for the iPhone 5C which was a whole lot cheaper than the 5S.  Hubby wanted to hold out until we could afford the 5S.  Well, today, I've told him that he can finally get the 5S and that it's his Christmas gift from me.  I just hope that they have one in stock when we get to the store, because they are running a special price on it today only.  Yeah, I'm not stupid, get it while I can get it cheaper than normal is my motto.  No harm in saving a few bucks, right?

I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to pull off trying to wrap gifts with the kids around.  I can lock myself in my room to do the actual wrapping, but then it's trying to hide them until Christmas once they're wrapped.  It's a lot easier to hide gifts when I'm not having to worry about wrapping paper getting torn.  

But, I'll figure it out.  I always do.

Right now, I need to get off here so that Hubby and I can go grocery shopping, and then I'm taking the kids up to see my mom at the hospital.  I have a ton of stuff that I need to get done before I go back to work tomorrow, but I'm not going to stress about it too much.  Even if I'm up a little later than I should be, I'll make sure I get it all done before I walk back in to my classroom in the morning.

I have five days left to get through before Christmas break starts.  It seems weird to think about that, being that we've just been off work for over a week thanks to all the snow and ice.  But, the good thing is, this week the temperature is supposed to stay in the 50s, so there's no worries about whether or not we'll even have school.

Alright...off I go.... enjoy your Sunday, everyone!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!