Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Day 13: Going Straight for My Weaknesses



I just want to start by saying that my heart goes out to the families impacted by the Boston Marathon explosion.  Normally, in a tragedy like this, I'd be sad... but not really affected.  Yesterday, I got the news about what happened, and I stopped breathing for a second.  I knew someone running in that race...someone I'd consider a friend, actually.  I was so happy to get the word that she was OK.  I don't know all the details, but it sickens me that people have to do stuff like this.  Why those wonderful people who are doing nothing more than achieving goals and changing their lives?  I just don't get it.

Anywho, today's post is all about weaknesses.  Five of them, to be exact.  Yep, you guessed it... a list.  You should be thankful they limited me to 5 weaknesses....I'm not sure I'd know when to stop if I had no limit.

1.  Food.

Duh.  I'm on overweight woman that spent two years writing a weight loss blog.... only to be sitting here today still fat, still out of shape, and still shoveling the crap in to my pie hole.  Food is my ultimate weakness, because I have a food for every feeling, every mood.  Bored food, excited food, sad food, angry food... it's my go to for all.  I could make a list of just emotional trigger foods... but no one has that kind of time. I really wish I had a salad and veggie weakness... but no such luck.  My food weaknesses all contain sugar, fat, or any one of those other million ingredients I should be avoiding.

2.  Volunteering.

I wish I could say that volunteering means working in a soup kitchen or picking up trash or doing some other form of charity work... but that's not what I mean.  I mean volunteering when someone is asked at work to take on a task for a club or organization or committee or something along those lines.  And while my volunteering isn't charitable in terms of working for a charity - I usually end up volunteering my time for kids. I tutor, I'm a student council sponsor, I'm trying really hard to get a school newspaper up and running, I attend every special event at school and work the concession stand, I volunteer to chaperon dances and attend weekend field trips.  I've volunteered to teach summer school.  In the past, I've coached softball.  I just get this sudden urge inside when I hear "who would like to...." and my hand shoots up before I take a second to think about it.  I usually end up enjoying whatever it is I volunteer to do... but I always end up a little stressed because I have so much going on in such a small amount of time.

3.  On Sale Purses and Shoes.

Hi, my name is Joanna and I'm a purse and shoe addict.  Not just any purses and shoes... they have to be on sale.  Because, well, I'm kind of a cheap skate that won't spend outrageous amounts of money on shoes and purses...and that's because most of the time I don't wear the shoes or use the purses.  Don't laugh.  I'm serious.  I have two boxes full of shoes that I have never worn or have only worn once.  I bought them because they were cute and I liked them... but they are heeled and don't work for my huge legs and inability to walk like a lady.  Purses I buy because I think that I'll use them, but then they get put away and I don't.  Hubby would love for me to get rid of all of them.. but that's not happening.  I'm not giving up hope that one day I'll use the shoes for something and the purses will match some great outfit I buy.

4.  Movies that Offer Eye Candy.

I enjoy watching movies.  I was a huge fan of the Harry Potter series, Twilight, and now getting in to Hunger Games and can't wait until Catching Fire comes out in November.  There are certain genres of movies I like more than others... but I'm willing to watch just about any movie if it has one very important aspect:  Eye candy.  Meaning a hot dude playing a major role.  If I hear Channing Tatum, Robert Pattinson, Kellen Lutz, Dax Shephard, The Rock, or anyone along those lines, I'm up for checking it out.  Although, you can keep your Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise movies.  I don't consider either of them to be eye candy - and not a fan of their movies.  Hubby has learned that when he asks if I want to see a movie, he has to follow up with "it has that one dude...." and if that one dude is a dude of eye candy quality, my answer will be yes.  UNLESS it's a Quentin Terentino movie..then it's a no.  I can't stand his movies.  I may be persuaded if he put out something with a huge array of eye candy, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

5.  Kiddy Cuddles.

Last, but definitely not least, one of my biggest weaknesses is cuddles and snuggles from my youngest.  I'd love cuddles and snuggles from any of my three children, yet the youngest is the only one to think she's still young enough for snuggles and cuddles.  No matter what kind of day I've had, I'm always up for snuggling on the couch.  And my little one knows that she can get just about anything after a few minutes of snuggling up on the couch with me.  I can't help myself.  When I'm sitting on the couch, and my Jelly is moseying around... I get her to climb on the couch with me and snuggle.  Sometimes she ends up falling asleep on me - and that makes it that much sweeter.  She's so adorable all snuggled up in my arms...and it's one of the best feelings in the world.

And, now I have this sudden weakness to rip myself away from the computer to go and get ready for work.

Have a great day!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!