Monday, October 28, 2013

I Get to Wear Sweats to Work!!!

                        


Fall break is over.  Gone.  Finished.  And what do I have to show for it?  Nothing.

Well, that's not entirely true.  

I did manage to get two weeks worth of reading and social studies plans written.  My team decided this past week that we'd break up the responsibility of the lesson plans so that each person is writing plans for specific subjects, and then we can put them all together to turn in as one document.  It saves us all basically writing four versions of the same lesson plans.  I like it.

So, there's that.  

I also managed to do all of my laundry and switch out my summer clothes for my winter clothes in my closet.  Something I haven't had to do in several years.  In my old house, I was lucky enough to have a walk-in closet.  That sucker was big enough to hold ALL seasons worth of clothes.  My new house may be big and fancy, but it doesn't have a walk-in closet in the master bedroom...meaning I don't have room to store an entire year's worth of clothes in there.

It's not too bad, though.  Pulling out all the sweaters and long pants and long sleeved shirts made me feel like I'd gone on a big shopping spree and have all brand new clothes hanging in my closet.  I just hope the weather doesn't decide to warm up again.  

So, there's that, too.

I also managed to get the kids' Halloween costumes taken care of, too.  Peanut is dressing up like a freaky, cursed looking doll.  I don't know how else to explain it.  It will just have to be left at that until there are pictures to show what I'm talking about.  It's cute and scary all rolled in to one.  Butter is going to be dressing up like a girl.  Peanut came up with that idea, and took Butter under her wing to deck him out.  I like it, because all I had to buy was a black wig.  Peanut is providing the dress, shoes, and make-up on Thursday.  And Jelly decided she wanted to be a pink bunny.  That required pink bunny ears, a tail, and pink fleece pants and a t-shirt.  Easy peasy! 

All of the 3rd and 4th grade teachers will be dressing up like dominoes.  We just have to wear black sweats and a black shirt (which I already have), and we're going to make dots to stick on to us.  We're even going to have the kids try and join in if they don't have a costume already picked out.  Simple.  Cute.  Collaborative.  What could be better than that?

So, there's that taken care of as well.

Oh, and lastly, I got a new toy yesterday.  Hubby decided to spoil me and bought me the new iPhone 5C in hot pink!  It's purdy.


Why, yes, those are my plans that the phone is sitting on.  See, I was somewhat looking like I was busy doing stuff.  

So, I guess I shouldn't complain too much about my break.  I got a couple of things accomplished, and the rest of the time I did a whole load of nothing.  Isn't that what breaks are supposed to be for, though?  To rest, and do a whole load of nothing?  If so, then I nailed it!!

Today, I go back to work and thankfully, we're still in the middle of Drug Free Week.  Last Tuesday and Wednesday we started the Drug Free Spirit week, and this week we finish it off.  Today is "A Healthy Me is Drug Free", and we are supposed to dress up in exercise gear.  That translates to "Wear Sweats Day".  And, I couldn't be happier about that.  Wearing sweats to work is almost as good as getting to wear pajamas to work.  I know I'll be good and comfortable today!

The rest of the week will be busy, busy, busy.  Tomorrow night is Family Night.  Wednesday is our monthly Terrific Tiger assembly.  Thursday is Halloween and we'll have a Halloween parade and party, and then I have to take the kids Trick or Treating that night.  And Friday will close out the week with a big fall festival.  Never a dull moment in my school, that's for sure.

It's crazy to think that once this week is over with, there will only be three full weeks of school before Thanksgiving break.  That break I won't be able to sit around and do nothing, because I'm hosting Thanksgiving once again this year.  The first time in our new house.  

Well, I think I've gabbed on enough.  There's no need to start thinking or talking about Thanksgiving just yet...we haven't even gotten past Halloween yet.  

It's time for me to go jump in to my sweats, throw my hair up in a somewhat pony tail, and enjoy a fun-filled day at work.

Have a great Monday, everyone!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!