Monday, October 14, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours

Not a very happy camper, at the moment.

We have no water in the house.  And I'm not sure when we'll actually have water.  

Yesterday, Hubby and my brother spent several hours trying to locate the source of the leak that was causing water to run underneath the house.  They found it.  It was a giant split in the main water line that leads in to the house.  Right where it goes under the foundation of the house.

However, because of there being so much water and mud, they weren't able to dig out enough of the pipe in order to fix it.  Because a large section of the pipe needs to be replaced, and they're not exactly sure how they are going to dig it all out and get a new piece of piping under the house... because the crawl space that has the broken part of the pipe under the house is too small to reach.

UGH!!

Last night, they were able to come up with a solution that they think they are going to try, but it was too late to do it then.  So, they are going to do it today.  I just pray to all things holy that they do get it fixed and we're able to have running water again by this evening.  Of course, there's a good chance for rain today.  Isn't that just the way the cookie crumbles?  If it rains, it's going to be extremely hard to take care of a broken water pipe.

I just don't know what it is with us and leaks.  We have some sort of leak curse.  No matter where we go, we end up with some kind of water problem.  I thought that once we ditched our old house, we left the curse behind.  Yeah, not so much.  In this house, it started with our bathroom.  The shower in our bathroom is broken, and we're not using it at the moment until we can afford to replace the whole shower.  Could be awhile.

I don't even want to think about what our water bill is going to be like next month.  Who knows how long that leak has been there, especially since Hubby just happened to notice the water running out of the area where the air conditioner sits...and it dawned on him that the AC hasn't been used in several days.  He decided to check it out, and that's when he found a puddle of standing water under the house and water running down one side of crawl space.

I'm hoping that if we report the leak, the water company will work with us on the bill.  Not sure if they will do that, but I remember several years ago that we had some kind of leak in an old house and the water company adjusted our bill once they knew we had a leak.

Besides having no water, I'm ready for this week to get started.  I'm excited about the fact that I only have one night of traveling planned.  For the rest of the week, I will be able to come home at a somewhat reasonable hour.  Tonight is Peanut's last volleyball game - I think - and then the volleyball season will be over.  Of course, I thought that last Thursday, and then found out that the girls had a tournament tonight.  If, by some miracle, the girls win tonight... I'm sure there's a possibility they'll play again this week.  

I got to see Butter for a little while yesterday.  He's doing well.  His poor hand is swollen something silly, and he's very nervous about anyone or anything getting anywhere near him because the slightest bump causes severe pain.  I'm going to try and call the doctor today about getting him in for his hard cast, and hopefully he'll be able to come home tonight.  If not, he'll be out again tomorrow until it's taken care of.

The main priority with him is pain management.  He needs some pain pills that will help with the pain, but won't knock him out.  He can't very well go back to school either being in a lot of pain or taking medicine that makes him sleep.  Either way, he wouldn't be able to function.  So, my mom and I think that once the hard cast goes on, the doctor may be able to give him a more mild pain reliever.  One that doesn't affect him enough to keep him out of school any longer.

Of course, the only thing Butter is worried about is how much homework he's going to have being off so many days.  I can understand why that's a concern.  He was lucky that he didn't break the wrist of the hand he writes with, but trying to spend a lot of time writing or sitting at a desk to get work done will be uncomfortable for a little while.

Seriously, when it rains, it pours around here.  There can't ever be one obstacle at a time.  It's always a ton of obstacles thrown my way at one time.  First juggling volleyball and football.  Then, when that gets to be easy...a broken wrist is thrown in the mix.  Then, when I think I have a handle on that situation, I'm graced with a broken shower....and then a few days later a major water leak under the house.  

Can't I just have a "normal" life for a little while?

These next few weeks will be anything but, I'm sure.  Next week gives me fall break, then the week after is Halloween and a fall carnival at work.  Then, a few weeks after that Thanksgiving....it's that time of year where everything will fall down on me so quickly.  Will I even be prepared for any of it?

Of course I will!!

I always am.  I'm no stranger to this type of lifestyle. Anyone that's read this blog for any amount of time will know this.  In my world, there's no such things as a normal life.  It's ALWAYS one obstacle after another...and you'd think by now, I'd be a pro at it.  But, I will never be able to say that my life was boring, that's for sure.

OK, it's that time for me to start getting ready for work.

Have an awesome Monday, everyone!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!