Sunday, January 15, 2012

Glad That's All Over... Now It's Time to Deep Clean


 Dear Diary...

It appears Jelly is out of the woods.  She hasn't emptied her stomach through her mouth since 11 last night...so that's a good sign.  She's even eaten a bowl of Jell-O this morning with no repercussions.  She's been up off the couch playing a bit, too, so I'm really starting to think that the bug is gone.  Fingers crossed.  Her poor little eyes are all blood shot from the heaving that took place yesterday... but other than that, she seems to be back to her cheerful self.

The only plans I have for today is to clean my house.  It's in desperate need of it, again.  It feels like I say that way too much.  The amount of times I've told my kids if they keep their rooms clean, they'll stay clean...and then I don't listen to my own advice with the rest of the house.  If I cleaned more often, I wouldn't have such a big mess to take care of when I do decide to clean.

I don't like it when a sick bug has entered the house.  Makes me want to start scrubbing every surface, and disinfecting everything.  With the mess that's going on in my living room, I'd hate to think what ofter germs may be taking up residence.  Seriously.  It's bad in there.  Jelly's toys fill up about every spot of carpet that's not already taken up with furniture.  They are also all over the couch where a human behind doesn't rest continually.  I'm pretty sure there's about an inch of dust on the entertainment center, and a family of dust wolves ate the dust bunnies...and left the remains for all to see.  Yes, it's gross. 

Deep cleaning definitely has it's advantages, though.  Like causing me to break a sweat.  I'm not one to take deep cleaning lightly, and it's quite common to see me on my hands and knees scrubbing.  Vacuuming carpets isn't enough for me... I usually vacuum then get down on my hands and knees and scrub.  After living in this house for over 4 years, you'd think I would have given up on the stains that are on my carpet.  But I haven't.  Each time I clean, I scrub those stains thinking that maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get rid of them.  It goes to show how much of an optimist I really am.

I'm glad that I have an extra day off this weekend.  Granted, I'll be running around non-stop tomorrow what with dentist appointments, having to pick Peanut up from her grandparent's house, and grocery shopping... but it's stuff that needs to be done, and I have an extra day to do it.

I'm pretty disappointed with myself for not working out this week.  Looks like I won't be earning my extra $5 bonus for getting in 3 work-outs this week.  That's pretty sad, being that this is the first official weigh-in week.  Well, it's pretty sad that my first official weigh-in week is taking place 3 weeks in to the new year.  Oh well, I have been eating much better and drinking lots of water.  I'm hoping for some change on the scale this week... but not counting my chickens just yet.  I know from experience that just cutting down on my eating isn't enough to see real results.  No excuses, though, what I see is what I'll take...plus or minus.

I know that once the gym opens, things will be so much different.  I know that sounds bad...being that it sounds like I'm making a big fat excuse for not working out right now.  But it is what it is.  I really haven't felt like running, which is weird for me.  It's my exercise of choice, usually, but I just haven't even had the urge to go out for a run.  I've had the urge to go to the gym.. but it's not open.  Once it's open, I'll be there...at least three times a week.  Maybe I'm craving some social interaction with my work-outs this time around.  That never happened before, but now that I know I'll be going to the gym with friends - my outlook has changed a little.  Going out for a run all by myself just doesn't do it for me right now.

My birthday is Feb. 1st and the gym opens Feb. 4th.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday.  I'll be stepping in to the role of a thirty year old by doing something for myself - a big something.  I don't know why I feel like the opening of this gym is going to be my saving grace, but I do.  If for the next two weeks I do nothing more than just eat right and drink water - I'm OK with that.  I'll be ready to move full speed ahead starting Feb. 4th. 

Alright, enough stalling... time to get busy. 

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!