Saturday, June 29, 2013

It Definitely Feels Like a Me Day!

                                  

I'm so excited!

And I just can't hide it!

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

I'm pretty sure that song will be stuck in your head all day long, now.  You're welcome.  

It's been stuck in mine since the moment I woke up this morning.  Why?  You ask.  Well, because today is my first ME day of the summer break.  One of those days that's literally just me, myself, and I.. for an ENTIRE day.  No kids.  No Hubby.  Nobody at all with me.

My day officially starts here in just a little while, after I finish writing my blog.  The first thing on my agenda is a nice, long, relaxing walk.  The weather is beautiful this morning, only being in the upper 70s... which is awesome compared to the almost 100 degree temps we've been having the past couple of days.

It's not supposed to get up in to the 80s until later this afternoon, so it's a perfect time to throw on my walking gear and go for a long, walk... by myself.

Then, I'm going to come home, take a shower, and head out to my favorite ME destination:  Bingo!

It's been a couple of months since I went and played bingo.  Even longer since I went by myself.  I usually go with my mom... but there are times when I absolutely LOVE going all alone because I can relax and just focus on me for a while.  No talking about anything.. just quiet.  Except for the noise of the hall and the caller hopefully calling my numbers.  HA!

Don't get me wrong.  I love my kids.  I love Hubby.  I love my mom.  But, there are times when I just need a break from everyone and everything.  I've spent the past two weeks teaching summer school surrounded by amazing kids all day long.  I've come home in the evenings and spent time playing with my own children in the pool.  I've sat on the patio each and every evening with Hubby listening to him talk and me sharing my activities for the day.  I've spent countless times on the phone listening to her share her day and all the crazy stuff that's happening in her house.  But, it's so nice and rewarding to have a break from all of that once in a while.  It recharges my batteries, cleanses my mind... and gets me all fired up for more fun with everyone else.

So...as much as I'd love to keep sitting here and sharing my excitement with you all...my walking clothes and music are calling my name.  Plus, the weather is starting to warn me that I better get to getting if I want to enjoy this semi-cooler morning.

Have a great Saturday!!

Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!