Thursday, June 13, 2013

Time to Head Back to Work.... I Suppose

Well, the time has come.  Vacation time is over.  Staying up late and sleeping in are going to become a thing of the past again.  Getting up at 5am is coming back to the line up.

For the next two weeks, anyway.

Because from today until June 28th, I'm teaching summer school.

Well, technically, I don't start teaching until tomorrow, but I'm going in today so that Jelly can have a day to adjust and I can see what's been going on for the past two weeks.

See...not all teachers get the entire summer off.  In fact, most teachers don't.  I've been off for three weeks, and then I'll have the whole month of July and the first week of August and then I have to go back to work.  That's only 8 weeks off.  Not three months at all!

Jelly was super excited last night.  This is her first time attending "big school".  She'll get to ride a school bus and everything.  It'll only be across town, but that's enough to fulfill her life long dream of being able to ride a school bus.  AND it will only be with other little kids, so I don't have to worry and panic that she's being trampled by big kids. 

Jelly is going to be attending the Entering Kindergarten summer program.  It's an introduction to what kindergarten is kinda gonna be like.  They'll at least get an idea of the routines and where they are going to be going to school.  The rest of the time they are going to be having tons of fun exploring and doing summer craft stuff.

I can't believe that my baby is going to be starting kindergarten.  My last child making the leap from daycare to big school.  Of course, there'll be much more of this come August when she's actually starting kindergarten... but kinder prep is just as scary and overwhelming for me.  She'll be going off all by herself to a new building with new kids and new teachers as she'll be going to school at the primary school, which is a totally different building than where I teach.  I teach in the upper elementary school which is a few miles away from her school.  The good thing is, though, I can take her to my school and the bus will pick her up from there and take her to the primary every morning.  Her desire to ride a school bus is so strong that she doesn't even want me to take her for her first day.  I'm going to be a nervous wreck sending her off this morning... but it's what she wants, and I have to honor that.  Well, I don't.  But, I'm going to be a good, supportive mother and allow her to spread her wings just a little.  Despite the fact that I'll be panicking until she comes back to me at 3:15pm.

Butter is also going to summer school.  More out of sanity than necessity.  He doesn't really need summer school because of the academics, but he does need it to have something to do.  It only takes him a couple of weeks before he starts getting antsy and bored.  He stayed with my mom for two weeks, and he's been home with me for a week, so it's the perfect time for him to go to summer school for a couple of weeks.  He'll get to see his friends, be involved in some cool projects, and have stuff to do.  

Let's not forget that breakfast and lunch are provided for both weeks...so that saves me a little money, also.

It was a lot easier for me to get out of bed than I thought it would be this morning.  I didn't hit the snooze button at all on my alarm.  I even had some trouble getting to sleep last night and was still awake at 11pm.  I'm sure after today, I won't have any problem going to bed tonight and getting up early in the morning will just become the norm again.

Yesterday was a pretty relaxing day.  I didn't really do much of anything.  I did Jelly's laundry...and....well..that's it.  I didn't go anywhere.  

Hubby was able to get our AC working before 9am yesterday morning, so the house cooled off rather quickly.  Thankfully, it was a minor part that had burned out, and cost us less than $30 to fix.  So much better than paying a repair man $100 to come and fix it.  

Well, that's it for me today.  I have another blog post I have to write before getting ready for work.

Don't forget that I've started Diary of a Mad, Fat Woman up again.  You can find that at www.diaryoffatwoman.blogspot.com

Toodles!!

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!