Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Turning the Frown Upside Down

After writing yesterday's blog post, I decided that I was going to have a good day.  Regardless of what happened, I was going to make sure I stayed upbeat and positive.  And, for the most part, I accomplished that goal.  

I laughed, I joked around, and I kept the teaching fun.  The kids seemed to have a good time...and they even told me at the end of the day that I had done much better.  It's nice to hear that I got their approval.  As sarcastic as that may sound, I'm dead serious.  I want them to tell me that they enjoyed their day with me, and notice that I kept my word about being less cranky.

Of course, they shouldn't have to do that.  They should never have to notice a difference in my mood, but we can't be like Mary Poppins all the time.  Everyone has bad days, and then it's just important to turn it all around the next day.

Today, I plan on doing the same thing.  Just staying optimistic, have some fun, and not let too much get me down.  It doesn't help that I feel like crud this morning.  So, I will have to overcome that little hurdle.

For the past two days, there's been a bug sweep through our house.  First Jelly got it Monday night.  It lasted about four hours.  She had diarrhea and complained that her stomach was really hurting.  The next morning, she got up and she was completely fine.  However, Butter was not.  He woke up at 3AM yesterday and threw up and had diarrhea.  When it was time to leave for school, though, he was also better and said that the sick feeling had disappeared.  Last night, it was Peanut's and my turn. 

Poor Peanut.  She had it the worst.  When she arrived at my school yesterday afternoon, she had no color in her face.  She then threw up before we left to pick up Butter at football practice.  Then, she threw up again when we got to the high school to pick him up, and I had to pull over on the side of the road during the drive home because she had to throw up again.  It was terrible.  When we got home, I sent her straight to bed.  I've heard her get up a few times, and I'm hoping that she decides to stay home from school today, because surely she needs some rest.  

I also got slammed with it last night.  For four hours straight I was in the bathroom throwing up, and the cramps in my stomach were killing me.  I haven't been in that much pain in a long time.  But, just as quickly as it came, it disappeared.  I woke up this morning feeling much better, despite feeling a little weak.  That's probably because there's nothing left in my system.  

It's just the weirdest thing.  None of us have had any fever, it just comes and then it's gone.  But while it's here...Oh.Em.Gee, it's awful.  I just pray that we are all better, and can move past it.  I really hate going to work when I'm sick, but I don't really think I'm sick anymore.  I don't feel anything like I felt last night, so fingers crossed it really is gone. 

I am really tired, though.  Because I was up and down last night, I only got about three hours of sleep.  That's not much when I'm going to be gone until 10PM tonight.  It's my class day, so it will be a very long day.  

Well, I'm going to call it quits for today, go check on Peanut, and get ready for work.  

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Suck it up!!!!! You are a great teacher so be one :) look at it this way having to stop and do you intervention make sure that intervention gets done we can easily get busy and forget to go back or move on before everyone is ready this way you have a set time every day to work on skills that kids need to know not to just go back over the morning lesson but to stop and fill in the gap. this should be right up your alley prescriptive formative teaching ....that is who you are! now go get busy being that awesome girl that I interviewed who could not wait to change a life!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!