Friday, June 10, 2011

BYOC - Bring Your Own Crazy Friday!!!

I've really started looking forward to Friday's BYOC. I wonder what Drazil has in store for us today...here goes with her questions...

1. How and why did you first start blogging? And how long have you been blogging?
I actually started blogging several years ago - back in 2006, I believe.  I started a personal blog - but after posting on it once or twice every couple of months, I lost interest in by the end of 2008.

On March 25th, 2009 I made my first post on this blog...dedicated to using the blog to help me lose weight.  In 2009, I wrote on the blog a total of 59 times.  I still hadn't yet figured out how to use the blog to help me.  I started it out all wrong...so, in 2010 I really started dedicating myself to my writing about weight loss.  The first few months were tough.  I was so embarrassed about how much I weighed, I didn't reveal my true weight - and therefore "fudged" my numbers.  After losing quite a bit of weight, I realized I was harming myself more by not being honest....because then I couldn't celebrate my real accomplishments.

This year, I also started a new blogging project... it can be found at www.travelingmymind.blogspot.com.  It's more of a personal blog - things going on in my life that aren't really associated with my weight loss.  Since beginning the blog, it's been about my trying to find a job.

So, to answer the question about how long I've been blogging - several years.  But only the past year and a half have I really dedicated myself to this blog....and I post almost every day.

2. Tell me about your perfect mate – if you could invent him/her?
This is a tough question for me to answer cause...well Hubby sometimes reads my blog...LOL  This will sound terrible - but I don't mean it to...

My "perfect mate" would kind of be the complete opposite to my Hubby.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Hubby with all of my heart... he is my best friend and has qualities about him that I wouldn't trade for the world....however...

I've always been attracted to skinny men - not sure why - but since losing weight, I've noticed that my physical preference have changed.  When I see a man all muscled up - my heart starts beating faster.  I like muscles, a big build... not overweight, more built like a brick house. 

Now inject some of the qualities Hubby has:  being able to have conversations about anything, having no problem cleaning the house, loves to cook....refuses to argue or fight about anything...wants to talk about issues rather than letting them bottle up...and we're getting there...

Now, mix in major "handsy" affection.  Hubby is not really the affectionate type.  My perfect man wouldn't be able to keep his hands off of me - at home or in public.  Walking around the store, we'd be holding hands, out with friends he'd constantly have his arm wrapped around me.  At home, we'd be curled up on the couch every night - together.

My perfect man would be a teddy bear when it came to kids.  Hubby is a great dad - and will play video games with the kids all day long.  He's also very sweet and affectionate to Jelly, but once the other two got to be a certain age (like 5) - that affection kind of stopped.  My perfect man would love wrestling around with the kids, would have no problem running around the park, and would enjoy going out and doing stuff as a family...fun stuff.

Lastly, my perfect man would like to go out and do things socially.  I've often wrote about my "girls nights out" that I have with my two favorite gal pals.  Well, girls night out usually consists of them and their men...and me.  Hubby does NOT like to go out - and in the 7 years we've been together, I think we've gone out about three times.  The sad thing is, Hubby likes my best friends - and their husbands - but prefers to stay home than go out.  My perfect man would want to go out with me, be all "handsy" with me while we're out, and enjoy the company of other couples and friends.

OK - thanks, Draz for making me look like I totally dislike my Hubby...LOL  I DON'T - I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH.... but, you asked, and I have to be honest.

3. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Do you want to? Do you use glue or self-stick ones? Do you like how they look?
No, I don't and no I don't want to.  I'm actually very blessed when it comes to eyelashes (don't hate).  I have thick, long eyelashes...and with a little mascara, they look amazing.  (I said don't hate!)

Now, if I could trade in my amazing eyelashes for awesome eyebrows..I'd do that in a second.  With amazing eyelashes, I was also blessed with caterpillar eyebrows.  They're freaking HUGE!! I wax them.. but it takes about 3 days for them to be back to caterpillar mode.  I hate them.  I want cute, arched, thin eyebrows.... but instead, I got awesome eyelashes.  Blurg.

4. Let’s say money was no object and neither was time off to recover – are you an advocate of plastic surgery after weight loss?
If I had been asked this question as little as two years ago, my response would be very different.  I would say that I am totally against any form of plastic surgery (for myself).  I would have told you that I would work my ass off to lose the weight, tone my muscles, and wouldn't have to worry about any form of plastic surgery.

Now, after losing 80lbs -  and still having 60lbs to go (Lord help me) my views have definitely changed.  When I stand in the mirror, I already see the signs of hanging skin.  My stomach and my arms are the worst.  The kids think it's hilarious to play with the skin on my arms - and I hate it. 

Now, I know people that have lost tons of weight - and plastic surgery won't really be an option for them because somehow...and yes, I'm jealous...they managed to lose the weight and tone every bit of skin up in the process.

If, when I'm all said and done, I'm not that lucky - and I have ugly skin hanging....I would LOVE to get PS to have the skin removed.  I wouldn't care one bit.  I would think of it as something I've earned after losing all of the weight. 

At the end of the day, I think it's a personal choice for each individual.  Everyone losses weight differently, and therefore would have different results.  Plastic surgery is an option that's out there - and it's up to the individual person about how they feel.  I would NEVER lose any respect for a person that got PS.

Come to think of it, now that I'm looking at myself in this light - I wouldn't be totally opposed to a boob lift either.  Gravity has definitely started affecting my girls - and they are suffering from some hanging skin issues, too.  I would definitely get them perked up a bit...if I was gonna do it.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Blog land and real life have received a whole new outlook.

I was really slipping with my weight loss, and on the verge of depression from not finding a job out here in the real world....and that was all affecting my blog posts. 

This week, I finally decided to take my life back - and recommit to my losing weight...and letting go of stressing about finding a job.  I realized that I've done everything I can to try and find a job...so now, I have to get back to focusing on other things... like my fat @ss.

I've decided to do Jillian's 30-Day Shred again.  Did the first day, yesterday, and loved every minute of it.  I didn't die, like I did when I did it last year, so that's a plus.  As soon as I hit PUBLISH POST this morning, I'm off to do some Yoga. 

I've decided to do my Yoga every morning, 30 Day Shred in the afternoons, and try and go for a run at least 3 times a week.  I'll be reporting about that in Blog Land, too.

Things are going to be different around here.  I'm going back to being my normal, cheery, "take on the world" self...hope you guys are OK with that.

Alright - now it's your turn...share your own BYOC and then comment about it. I LOVE reading the responses to these questions - and so does Draz...

Till next time.  ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

2 comments:

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!