Friday, June 17, 2011

BYOC - Time to Get Crazy!!

I'm starting to feel like my Friday posts are becoming my favorite.  Mainly because the questions are random - and I don't have to think of them - plus, you get to know a little more about me outside of the world of weight loss... I LOVE me some BYOC.

Once again, I'm leap frogging off of my buddy Drazil's questions.  Today, I might add a question of my own...hope that's OK, Draz. 

You wanna hear something terrible before we start?  To show you how much I love BYOC?  OK.  This morning, Draz made a post about an eye problem she's dealing with.  The post was great - like always - and I felt really bad for her.  Then, caring, loving, supportive me leaves her a comment saying "No BYOC today?"  How terrible is that??  Sorry, Draz - you know I love you.  :)

OK, time to get down to business.  Feel free to link up and copy on to your own blogs... it's always fun to have a BYOC day.

1. Do you make your bed every day? Tell us about or show us a picture of your bed comforter?

I could basically copy Draz's answer to this word for word.  I, too, have a Hubby that works 3rd shift.  I see absolutely no point in making a bed when he's going to be getting in to it an hour later.  He only sleeps for about 4 hours each day - but I still don't see the point of making the bed at 2 in the afternoon... so, my bed NEVER gets made. 

Wait, that's not true.  The bed does get made every couple of weeks when I wash the sheets.

We don't have a comforter on the bed, right now, because it's summer.  We use sheets - and each of us have our own sheets because...well...I'm a sheet hogger.... plus, I like my sheet to smell all girly and fresh.  That doesn't happen if my "sleep like a bear in hibernation" Hubby gets a hold of it and sweats all over it... Ewwww!!!

2. Johnny Cash or Elvis? Thin crust pizza or deep dish? Coke or Pepsi? Beer or wine or neither?

No death threats, please... but I have to go with neither on Cash or Elvis.  I don't particular care for either... unless I'm at a karaoke bar and someone is trying to destroy either of their songs.  That's always fun.

Definitely a deep dish girl... give me that soft, thick, warm, yummy crust.  I can't stand thin crust.  I don't want my pizza to "crunch" in my mouth...I want my mouth to be lost in that super awesome thickness.  Yeah...so re-reading that makes me sound super perverted....that's OK...it's how I feel about pizza.

Pepsi!!  Don't even think of handing me a Coke.. YUCK!!  I can't stand the smell or the taste of Coke.  The only time I'll even consider drinking Coke is if it's drowned in Jack...and even then, I'm not too happy about it.

Same with BEER!!  Give me beer any day.  I'll drink wine, if it's all that's available - but there's nothing better after a long day than sitting down with an ice-cold beer.  It's the Redneck in me.

3. I recently went through my list of blogs I follow and was at my limit so I unfollowed bloggers who haven’t blogged in at least 6 months. I want to start following some more new blogs. Who’s your fave lately? Funniest? Most inspiring? Can you link them for me??

Wow, this is a toughy for me...cause, well...I have so many blogs that I LOVE.  I will say, though, if you don't follow Draz - YOU MUST!!  The amount of times I've been so happy I didn't have a mouthful of coffee or water while reading her posts....my poor laptop would be toast.

I started following a new blog yesterday that had me laughing hysterically, too...and that is Alexa's blog called The Curvy Nerd.  Like Draz, she has a way of explaining things that really make you laugh out loud.

Inspiring favs:  Colleen at Bee Fit, Colleen (different one) at Goodbye, Fat Girl, Christie at Average Moms Wear Capes

4. (New Question) If you had the opportunity to go on a reality TV show, which one would it be and why?

A year ago, I would have said Biggest Loser without a blink of an eye.  Getting the chance to be at the ranch with Bob and Jillian, working my behind off...literally...for the chance of $250,000?  Yes, please.  Then, this season, it was the first time - ever - that I weighed less than any of the starting competitors.  OK, so I've had some trouble getting from where I am now...but I no longer consider myself "Biggest Loser worthy".  I've managed to kick 80lbs on my own...and even though I didn't do it in 4 months...I did it.

Now, with that same question, I'd say Survivor.  I would love the chance to camp out with total strangers on a deserted island with snakes and spiders... Wait...who am I?  I think I'd chose Survivor because of the endurance factor.  To test my strength - both physically and mentally.  Of course, no one wants to see a 200lb woman walk around in next to nothing for weeks on end... but if I could, I would.  The challenges they do are similar to the things I did at boot camp last year - I think I could do it.

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
Blog land?  Pretty darn great.  I've found my niche again with working out and eating healthy...and loving blogging about it each day.  I have time to read other's blogs, and comment.  I've started a new challenge and I have team mates - I'm so excited about that. 

My other blog has also had a little turn of direction.  It's no longer whiny and sappy...my positive attitude is shining through there, too.  If you want to read that one it's http://travelingmymind.blogspot.com/  It's pretty much everything BUT weight loss.

In real life - well...I will admit, not working is driving me a little nutso.  I love being home - but because of the heat, Jelly and I have been staying at home.  Butter is going to summer camp every day, and Peanut is still at my mom's...I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get her home again until the week before school starts. 

I realized the other day that all of the jobs I've applied for in the public schools are gone...that was very disappointing.  I applied for another job - that's different - but it's a very long shot I'll get that one.

My house looks like...well...it's bad.  Jelly has strung out just about every toy she owns - and she owns A LOT - and I just don't feel like picking them up only for her to bring them all out again the next day.  My working out and running has been my saving grace in getting me moving away from my computer and doing something.  I am hoping to go camping a couple of times this summer - both with and without the kiddos... so that's something to look forward to.

OK - now it's your turn.  Leave a comment if you're going to participate.

Till next time.  ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm gonna check out your blog recommendations and I just may do a similar post of my own. Your positive attitude is contagious!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!