Friday, June 10, 2011

Just Can't Contain It...

I know I've already posted today - but I just can't help it...I need to get some things off my chest.

Don't worry - this is NOT a rant.  In fact, it's the complete opposite. 

Yesterday, I posted how I felt different waking up...recharged, rejuvenated...like the old me had finally found her way back.  I even mentioned that I wanted to strength train - who am I??

Well, I kept my word, dusted off my 30 Day Shred...and got to doing a 20 minute work-out full of strength training, cardio, and ab work.  I was so proud when I was finished.  I didn't start off, then stand through most of the exercise catching my breath.  I did EVERY exercise - and I felt great after.

I also said yesterday that I wanted to start Yoga again....well, guess what?  I kept my word about that, too!!

I got up this morning.  I had a cup of coffee.  I wrote my BYOC post, then Jelly and I did a Yoga routine.  One of these days, I'm gonna get Hubby to video tape her doing Yoga with me...the kid is a natural!!  I was able to do the Tree and the Eagle pose with ease..you hear me?? WITH EASE!! It was easy!!  I didn't wobble around like a weeble wobbler - I was strong, firm, balanced. 

After Yoga, I felt refreshed.  I had my breakfast, and my body was wanting more...not food...more working out.  So, it was back to the living room to do Day 2 of the Shred. 

Yesterday, I used 3lb hand weights - and realized that those were too easy.  Today, I upped it to using 5lb hand weights.  Not as easy, but I was still able to do all of the exercises...and I'm feeling a little burn in my shoulders and arms...exactly what I want to feel!!

My sweaty ass should have gone straight to the shower after my work-out... but I had to stop here, first.  It's not very often that I get to brag on myself, so I wanted to do it.  As I'm sitting here, typing, I really want to go and run this evening.  Can you believe this??

Yes.  Me.  The person who a week ago was having to force herself to go out for a run is now sitting here after doing Yoga and The Shred....and still wanting more.  Un. Be. Leave. Able.

Now, I have to get my sweaty ass in the shower cause I'm heading to my mom's for the afternoon.  I'm babysitting my niece this weekend - she's 2.  Having two toddlers in the house should keep me busy - but that doesn't mean I'm not going to work-out.  Nope, I'm gonna have these kiddos working out with me. HA!! I just hope Hubby is OK with me ditching leaving the kids with him while I go and run this evening - and tomorrow and Sunday morning.

I wonder if I'll be up for early morning run followed by Yoga when I get home?? 

OK, seriously...who am I?  I don't know - but I like it.  I hope she's here to stay... we're going to do great things together.

Till next time ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

6 comments:

  1. Way to have a ridiculously positive spirit. I'll admit, I've been in a slump all day and reading about your wonderful morning has helped turn it around. If you've already gotten two workouts in and have plans for this weekend, well then, I can probably get off my butt and do something great too.

    I hope this bright, beautiful you is here to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are you - kicking ass and taking names! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock girl!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome and you deserve to brag about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go! Hope you aren't too sore after! I love the run tracker - just adding it to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!