Tuesday, March 13, 2012

True Confessions Tuesday

Dear Diary...

I confess that day 2 of my fruit and veggie detox went very well.  I'll admit that it was tougher being at work, because there is a lot more temptation looking me in the face - but I made it through A-OK.

I confess that my total caloric intake yesterday was 1379 - 91 calories under my limit!  I was still way over with protein, but everything else was below limit.  It's weird.  I stop eating so much meat, and end up finding other ways to pack on the protein.

I confess that I didn't go to the gym yesterday afternoon, and I have absolutely no excuse for it.

I confess that I'm excited that for this week only (starting today), I get to leave work about 15 minutes earlier than I usually do - which gives me an extra 15 minutes at the gym.  And despite not going yesterday, the thought of having those extra 15 minutes each day is exciting.

I confess that I just remembered I volunteered to help out after school tomorrow for a school function.  Which means there won't be any gym tomorrow.  Dang it!  Now I'm really ticked about not going yesterday.  Oh well, I get an extra 15 minutes today and Thursday at the gym.  That still gives me the equivalent of working out the normal time of three days.

I confess that I'm a little nervous about having to eat back my exercise calories.  And I may not, even though I'm supposed to.  That's simply because yesterday, I ate enough food to keep me full all day - and the thought of eating more than that is a little mind boggling.   Although, I'm an advocate for eating back my exercise calories - so maybe I'll treat myself to a yogurt for dessert after dinner, or maybe I'll eat a handful of almonds.  We'll see.

I confess that after only two days of eating clean, I already feel a lot more energetic.  Sunday night, I went to sleep pretty late - after 11pm actually.  I got up yesterday at 4:15am.  I was pretty tired for a while yesterday, but by the end of the day I felt much better.  I wasn't able to go to sleep last night until after 10pm, and I was up at 4:30 this morning.  I'm hoping my exercise will wear me out this evening - so I can go to bed earlier and get a decent night's worth of sleep.

I confess that while the rest of my family ate homemade burritos for dinner last night, I ate a heaping pile of veggies with a couple of spoonfuls of the burrito meat.  The plate didn't look very appetizing, but it tasted amazing.  I even snapped a pic...


That's a concoction of salad greens, salsa, burrito meat, natural guacamole, fat-free sour cream, onions, and peppers.  It looks terrible - but tasted fantastic.  Plus it was only 399 calories.  Which is probably a little over half of the calories of what everyone else in my house ate - except a lot more food.

I confess that my body is starting to feel different, already.  It made just be some mind play, but my body feels lighter.  Not once yesterday did I feel bloated or lethargic.  I felt lighter, more aware, and.. well... healthier.  I noticed a bounce in my step - even at the end of the day when I'm usually exhausted and ready to get home and get on the couch.   I'm enjoying the foods I'm eating.  My body is enjoying the foods being put in to it.  And, still considering I'm only 2 days in, I feel that I will get through this week being successful and eating clean.

Till next time. ;)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Nope, your body is not playing games on you!! The psychological and phsyical affects of eating clean are awesome!! Read back to my first couple of posts eating clean. I was like on a high. Wondering when I would crash down. This is week #3, and while I'm still learning my way (like not overeating nuts etc), I have still felt great. The energy is through the roof. I am also going to bed later and wake up earlier. Sleeping better than I have in months. I used to get this desire for a nap and sugar (usually in that order) around 2:30 every day.

    Yes, the gym is great, but don't beat yourself up too much about not getting their. According to Tosca Reno's book that I'm reading - your body is 80% nutrition, 10% exercise and 10% genetics. If you think about it...that makes total sense. We are in the gym for what, an hour?? We are in the world with food thrown in our face for 23 hours......of course nutrition is going to count a lot more.

    It's not always easy, but it's not always hard either. Have another great day! Keep the motivation and inspiration flowin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go back and read those posts. I feel amazing!!

    I compromised in regards to the gym. I went, but only burned 200 calories. I did the elliptical for 20 minutes. It's better than nothing - and I only have to eat back 200 calories - and it won't be detrimental if I don't eat them back. I don't want my body to go into a store mode. That's the part that baffles me the most. Now that I'm eating this way, I don't want to eat more. I'm satisfied with what I'm eating. LOL

    You should have seen me eating some hummus and carrots today - it was like I was eating a cheeseburger. It was so freakin' good - and I enjoyed every bite of it. I'm really starting to like this eating way - and it may end up being longer than 6 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand starvation mode or storing fat or energy or anything like that!

      Yum, hummus and carrots are so good!! I'm keeping things very basic this week for weight loss purposes but there are some excellent magazines, books, websites and blogs out there completely devoted to whole, clean eating and the food likes amazing. One of my biggest goals is to figure out how to balence feeding my family as well as myself. Like tonight, I didn't have the fight in me so the kids are not eating what me and Tim are. That is NOT COOL! And I bet you will wanna keep going after 6 days. Because eating like this just rocks.

      Delete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!