Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Four Days and Counting

                                          

We're another day closer to the coveted Christmas Break, and yesterday went by surprisingly fast.  I'm staying optimistic that today will go by in the same manner, but it's going to be a long day due to the fact that it's the Christmas concert tonight.  We won't be getting home until pretty late, being that the concert doesn't get over until about 7PM.  

Yesterday was a very good day, though.  My kids were amazingly quiet and focused all day, and it made life so much easier.  They really enjoyed listening to Christmas music while they worked and I enjoyed singing along just to keep them even more amused.  They even managed to make it through a Smarter Balance practice test with limited distractions, and for the most part they did really well.  I also managed to remember to make a letter about the Christmas party on Friday, and got that sent home with the kids so they can start bringing in their snacks.

This morning, it will be business as normal in class and then the afternoon will be spent in the gym practicing for the concert.  We're finishing up our story in reading, and the kids are excited to hear how the book ends.  It's always nice when they enjoy the book we're reading.  They really loved the Charlotte's Web unit we did, and now they're really enjoying The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  Tomorrow, we'll get to watch the movie and then on Thursday, the kids will compare and contrast the book to the movie.  It's always nice when there's a movie to go along with the book, because the kids really feel like they're getting a special treat by watching a movie.  It's also a great way to get them comparing and contrasting.  I explain to them that we only get to watch a movie if we can prove the educational value, so they're much more likely to put in the effort with their comparison in order to keep getting to watch movies about the books we read.

I got some disappointing news yesterday, when I found out that Peanut's uncle won't be able to keep the kids this weekend.  He was going to take all three of them for a fun weekend, but something came up and he's not able to now.  That's left me in panic mode, as I had planned on getting all of my wrapping done for Christmas this weekend.  I'm going to have to figure something out, because there's just no way that I can get the wrapping done while the kids are here, and there's just too much to do to try and cram it all in to one day.  Wrapping gifts for three kids is a timely process, and it requires a full weekend.  At least.  I'm just hoping and praying I can figure something else out, or it may mean a couple of sleepless nights for me while I try and get it done while they're all sleeping.

I'm sure I'll figure something out.  I always do.

Right now, though, I'm not going to worry about the weekend and just focus on making it through one day at a time.  There are four more days left, and if those days are anything like yesterday was, it'll be smooth sailing.  I should probably knock on some wood, now, in order to prevent jinxing myself.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!