Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Happy Christmas Eve!!

                                    


                                   'Twas the day before Christmas, and all through my place
                                         The kids were getting ready, as if it were a race....

Don't worry, I'm not going to do the whole poem.  Been there, done that.  HA!  But, seriously, it's kinda crazy in my house right now as the girls are getting ready to head to P-Momma's for our annual Christmas Eve celebration.  Butter has been staying with P-Momma since last Friday, so he's already there, but the girls have been home with me and they can't wait to get our day started.

I've seen a few stray snowflakes fall from the sky this morning, but it's mostly a rainy, dreary day.  There's no chance of us having a white Christmas, but I have to admit it sets the day up even more when I see a few dancing snow flakes sway to the ground.  

I haven't blogged much over the past couple of days simply because I haven't had much to write about.  The kids and I have been busy doing some Christmassy things, but other than that I've taken some time to rest and relax.  

Yesterday, I made another batch of fudge and it came out AWESOME!! It's soft, creamy, and I plan on making some more to share with friends and family over the next few days.  Now that I know how to make it, that is.  I'm taking a bag to P-Momma today, and I'm going to make another batch tonight to take with me to Tennessee.  The kids and I are heading to Tennessee on Friday to see Peanut's family. The other two kids are coming along, and they're excited about it...as am I.  It'll be nice to get away for a couple of days.

But, today, all I'm focused on is doing our Christmas traditions.  To P-Momma's house we go first, for dinner and fun.  We'll eat, drink, and be merry together... just like family should be on Christmas Eve.

Tonight, we'll come home and Jelly and I will bake up some cookies for Santa.  I have to remember to stop at the store and buy some egg-nog or Jelly will be a little disappointed.  Maybe I can talk her in to leaving him some milk instead.  We'll see.

Once the cookies have been baked and set out, the kids will hang up their stockings with care at the foot of their beds.  I'll tuck them all in, and read them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  Well, I'll read it to Jelly.  The other kids prefer laying down to a Christmas movie.  

Then, once they're all sleeping, Santa will make his appearance and deliver all the goodies to the tree and in to their stockings.  Santa has to come later and later each year because certain teenagers don't seem to want to go to sleep as early as their little sister, which means that Santa has to wait for them.  

I tell ya what, though, for being as big as he is, Santa is as stealthy as a ninja.  He gets in and out of the kids' rooms and lays out all the gifts under the tree without a single kid stirring in their beds.  I don't know how he does it, but he's made it through 14 years without any wake-ups.. knock on wood.

Then, it's just a matter of waiting for the kids to wake up tomorrow morning to discover the loot that has been left for them.  This year, as with all years, I'll probably be awake before the kids.  I have such a hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve, because I'm so excited for the kids to wake up and open presents.  The tradition is that the kids aren't allowed out of their rooms until Hubby and I are up.  Which is why the stockings are kept in their rooms.  They are allowed to open them before they come out of their rooms.  I like to have some fun and draw out the whole process.  I get up, I turn on the coffee pot, I go see each kid in their room and "oh" and "ah" over their stocking stuffers, and then I make them wait until the coffee is ready before they can come out.  It's evil fun, but I get a kick out of it.  

UGH, I'm so stinking excited!!

Sitting here and writing about it isn't helping.  Which means, I should probably go and get ready to head out to P-Momma's.  

Before I go, though, I would just like to take this opportunity to tell all of my friends and family that take the time to read my ramblings that I hope you have an amazing Christmas!! I hope Santa brings you everything you ask for.  I hope you are surrounded by the people that matter most to you, and that your day is filled with love, laughter, and happiness.  

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!