Monday, December 22, 2014

Haven't Quite Gotten in to Christmas "Break" Mode

Technically, I'm on Day Three of Christmas Break, yet I haven't stopped since the minute we walked out of the school building on Friday.  All three days I've been up before 7AM, and it's taken its toll on me.  So much so that I ended up getting sick yesterday.  UGH!!

Friday evening, I took the kids over to P-Momma's to spend the weekend.  That way I could get all of the wrapping done without having to lock myself up in my bedroom.  Although, once I got home, I was too tired to do much so I spent the evening watching TV with Hubby.  

Saturday morning I was up at 6:30.  Hubby and I made a quick run to Walmart before the crowds swarmed in, and when I got back I set up my wrapping station.  I sat on my living room floor for over 6 hours wrapping.  And, apparently, being in that position for so long did a number on my back.  I was so sore by the time I went to bed.  

Yesterday morning, I woke up around 6:30 once again, and I felt like poop.  I couldn't get warm, my back was killing me, and my nose was running like a faucet.  I bundled up in my fleece robe and two blankets and still couldn't shake the chills.  I went back to bed for a while and felt a little better when I woke up.  I, then, went and picked up the kids.  By the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted and went back to bed for a while.  I felt so weak, achy, and miserable.  I was praying that I wasn't coming down with the flu and knew that the best place for me was my bed.  When I did get up, I felt a little better but I kept getting dizzy.  I tried to eat something, but I had no appetite.  I ended up falling asleep on the couch, once again.  I woke up around 11:30PM last night, and I was up until after 2AM.  The chills were gone, the dizziness was gone, but I still felt pretty weak.  

I must have fallen asleep again, and I woke up at 7AM this morning.  This time I felt MUCH better.  No dizziness, no weakness, and just some minor nose running.  Apparently I managed to flush whatever was wrong with me out, and I can focus on doing some fun Christmas activities today.

Here in a few minutes, I'm going to pick up Peanut's friend, and he's going to come over and spend the day with us.  We're going to make Gingerbread houses and try making some fudge.  I've never made fudge before, but I've always wanted to.  Fingers crossed it comes out OK.  After that, we're going to sit down and watch some Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate.  I've been waiting a long time to do some Christmas activities, so today is the day!

I'm so excited for the next few days to hurry and go by.  I think I'm worse than the kids when it comes to Christmas.  I get so stinkin' excited.  I just really want these next two days to be full of fun and no stress.  It's the perfect time to enjoy with my kiddos and do some fun activities together.  Sometimes I get so caught up in the presents and preparations, that I forget how important it is to spend some time just having some fun.

Well, I better get off of here so that I can get ready to go pick up Peanut's friend.  

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!