Monday, May 23, 2011

FitBloggin...2012

No.  I didn't get to go this year.  I really didn't know much about it - but now I do. 

I've read post after post, tweet after tweet about FitBloggin...and now I am jealous.  I want to go..and I'm too late. 

So, I've decided, that as a reward for getting down to my goal weight....which I will most definitely do by next year's conference...then I'm treating myself to a trip to FitBloggin' 2012!

That is, of course, that I get a job...and that school is out in time for me to attend...which it will be if there aren't 2 weeks of snow days to make up.  Fingers crossed.

In other news... unless you've been living in a hole the past 24 hours, you'll know that Joplin, MO was hit with a nasty tornado.  Joplin is about an hour from me - I have a friend that lives there.  The devastation is just awful.  Luckily, his house was untouched, but the town is in complete disarray.  It's just so sad, and so scary.

We've been under tornado warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings since yesterday.  The storms are still raging right now, as I type this.  Last night, we received small hail and 50mph winds.  Tonight is supposed to be just as bad - if not worse.  I'm not sure what is going on with this weather - but I don't like it one bit.

Last year, I was begging my mom to get the pool up and running because it was so dang hot.  Today, it's May 23rd and the weather hit maybe 70 degrees today.  There's been so much rain, that I have my own lake in my back yard.  The roads are flooding, the winds are causing damage all around me, and I'm must ready to see the sunshine... for more than 1 day.

If you remember, I was supposed to be leaving for New Orleans in the morning.  Now, I can finally say that I'm glad that trip was cancelled.  Not only are they getting hit with flooding - but I would have been completely miserable and scared to death knowing that this kind of weather was taking place while I was hundreds of miles away.  Goes back to my "everything happens for a reason" statement...doesn't it?

OK, I think I'm going to go and relax for a while...while I still have power...and hope that the bad weather stays away.

Till next time.  ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

7 comments:

  1. I want to go to Fitbloggin' too, but (as always) find a hard time in justifying the cost for something that's "just" for me. We'll see. I'd like to be at goal weight as well.

    I think mostly the camaraderie would be fantastic. A whole conference full of people who "get" it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on making it to your goal, and to Fitbloggin'. I'd like to go next year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna go too! I am just finding out about it also. HOpefully I will see you there! Praying that your house and family stay safe with all the bad weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to go this year either. Congrats on your success thus far and here's hoping we meet next year! WOOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here! I'm with you on the Fitbloggin' thing! I want to go next year. It sounds incredible and I'd LOVE to meet my fellow weight loss bloggers in person.

    P.S. AMAZING. You. are. amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey goo luck to you and hope to see ya fat fitbloggin '12

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the continued support. I really hope I get to meet you all next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!