Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's a Celebration!! Celebrate Good Times, Come ON!!



Graduation cap and gown: $45.  Pretty dress to wear under the gown: $14.  5" heels to wear while walking across the stage:  $7.  Knowing that this is the last day to the new beginning of my life?  Priceless.

Last night, I got to go and get pampered.  I had my hair cut off...short.  It's a little shorter than I planned... gonna take some getting used to... but I like it.  It's drastic and that's what I needed for today.  Then it was off for a mani/ pedi. 

The pedicure was AMAZING!  I will say, that usually I hate my feet being touched.  I think they're ugly - and it grosses me out to look at them,  so I don't think it's fair for someone else to have to do it.   I sat down and put my feet into the hot tub and then a hot Asian guy came out to set my chair massager up.  At first, I thought Hot Asian Guy was just an assistant.... that was until he asked for me to put my foot up.  EEKK!!

I have to say, I started to feel a little uncomfortable.  I don't let my fiance touch my feet - not that he'd want to - but here I was letting this very cute guy massage my feet and legs...and it was sheer heaven!!!  While he was taking care of my feet - my manicurist was taking care of my hands.  I felt like a celebrity - getting the full pamper treatment.  I left feeling like a million bucks.

Today, my hair looks crazy - bed head.  I'm gonna have to get in the shower pronto and do something with it.  I'm so ready to start getting all glammed up - even if I will be covered from the most ugly, unflattering garment.  It should be a crime to make graduates walk across the stage in a black moo-moo...especially after spending so much time and hard work getting down 85lbs.

It's OK, though.  Underneath I will look fantabulous.  Before the ceremony, my family will get to see me.  I will have pictures taken - and won't cringe at the sight of a camera.  In fact, I've got 2 photographers coming to my pre-graduation lunch - so I must be over my camera fear, right?

And, the 5" heels.  I know that several of you are dying to see the heels.  Don't fret...you will.  I've been practicing walking in them.  I needed to.  Now, everyone keep your fingers crossed that I can make it up the steps and across the stage without a broken ankle.

Today is supposed to be a celebration of working my ass off for 4 years....and it is...but in so many more ways.  Yes, I finished my degree.  I worked hard studying, researching, planning, teaching, and taking tests.  For that I am proud.  But today I also celebrate literally working my ass off.

For the past four years I've gone to school, I've raised a family, I worked the first half of my school career, this past year I worked for free.  I have made sacrifices.  I have given up family time to study.  I have asked my family to pick up the slack around the house while I bury myself in my office.  I have had nights of no sleep, nights with very little sleep, and days where I was so tired that all I could do is sleep. 

In the past 18 months - the hardest of all my college years combined - I did all of that while still running four 5Ks.  I made time to go to Boot Camp.  I went to the gym.  I worked out at home.  I stopped skipping meals because it was convenient, and made time to plan out my meals, count my calories, and eat. 

This morning, I was overjoyed to see 211.8lbs on the scale.  Wednesday, I was 215.2lbs.  It's some kind of miracle - but I have dropped 3.4lbs in 3 days.  Maybe it's the water I've been drinking.  Maybe it's because I've kept my calorie goal every day.  Maybe it's because I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  Maybe, just maybe...it's because today is the big day - and karma is finally giving me a break.  Whatever it is, I'm happy.

So, enough talking...it's time to get busy glamming myself up.  There will be pictures...lots and lots of pictures.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, cheered me on, been a shoulder, and listened to my whining, complaining, happiness, and joy over the past 4 years.  I love each and every one of you. 

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss! You are going to look amazing at graduation! TAKE PICTURES!

    Have a GREAT weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray...you have made it to the end of the college road. I can't wait to see the pictures of you struting across the stage like you own it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I almost teared up while reading this - just out of joy for you. You have kicked some serious ass and also? I cried cuz you didn't include a pic of the shoes yet! LOL You go get 'em girl...seriously inspiring. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on the weight loss and the college graduation!! Isn't success a sweet feeling???!! Congrats...can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! You've certainly earned it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!