Friday, May 27, 2011

Welcome to the Jungle - Ready for Fun and Games?

Good morning to all of my new followers, old followers, lurkers, and those of you that accidentally found my blog because you was looking for information on a broken pinkie toe....got to love the stat traffic sources, right?

I am so happy to see that I've broken the 100 followers mark.  I'm up to 102!! I'm very excited.

Those of you just tuning in - you're in luck.  Big changes are a coming...and you're just in time.

Yesterday, I posted a blog about my friend, Colleen.  Go read it so you can get caught up - I'll wait....(insert elevator music).....(check watch)....Back?  Good!!

So, you now know that I've been lacking in the determination and dedication of my weight loss.  Somehow I'm still losing weight - but I'm thinking that if I gave my all I'd be dropping WAY more weight....and that's what I want.

I announced yesterday that I was giving up my subbing job, and devoting the summer to getting tough with my working out...and looking for a job, but that's for a whole different post.

I was sitting here this morning, drinking my coffee, and thinking about what I was going to write about today.  Then it dawned on me.... I need to make a plan.  If I'm going to go into "Crazy, Warrior, Fit Bee" mode - then I need to plan my course of action...and STICK TO IT!!

This would be a great time for me to say - if you'd like to join me... PLEASE DO!! There are always power in numbers, and having a support can really help.  It's not a challenge, it's not a competition...it's a way for people to cyberlly (yes, that's a word..I said so) work together to get great results.

So, first - I need to think about what I want to do...generally speaking. 

Well..I want to work out EVERY day.  Call me crazy - but I think it's important to get some form of exercise in each day.  Yeah, I know - I've heard the "you're supposed to have a day off to let you muscles heal" spill... but I was also told by my previous personal trainer that 24 hours between work-outs is PLENTY of time for you muscles to work on healing.

I want to get in a mixture of cardio AND strength training.  The cardio is easy.  My favorite form of exercsie is jogging.  I'd jog every day - but that doesn't tone my muscles the way I want...and I really don't want to end up with wings of skin when I'm all said and done.

I want to step out of my comfort zone and try some new things.  A few months ago, I bought Zumba for the PS3 Move.  I've used it...once.  Yeah, I know...terrible.  It was hard!!!  Hard is what I need, though - so it's going on my line-up.  I'm also going to - finally - open up my Pilate's work-out set.  Another item I bought several months ago - still sitting in the box..ugh...it's getting opened AND used!!

I want to get my eating in check - back to basics.  I haven't been doing bad with my food - which is probably the reason for my 6lb weight loss the past 3 weeks.  I've slacked off on meal planning - but I'm making semi-conscience decisions about what I eat and when I eat...except for the choco taco I ate last night..don't judge!!  I'm going back to full meal planning, calorie counting, and putting my BodyBugg to good use.  I want to see some major calorie burn each day - and the calories going in to be just as good.

Alright - so that's the basics...now I need some kind of plan.  I'm a planner.  I need some form of schedule, otherwise I'm unorganized and out of whack.  I don't like being too structured - but having some idea of what I want to do each day sure does help. 

As of right now, here's what I'm thinking for this coming week (starting tomorrow)...

Saturday - Early morning jog - 8 minute run/ 1 min walk... 2 miles
Sunday - Early morning jog - 8 minute run/ 1 min walk.... 2 (maybe 3) miles
Monday - Strength training 15 minutes AM / Zumba work-out 30 minutes PM
Tuesday - Strength training 15 minutes AM/  Evening jog - 8 minute run/ 1 min walk...2 miles
Wednesday - Pilates work-out AM / Zumba work-out 30 minutes PM
Thursday - Strength training 15 minutes AM/ Evening jog - 8 minute run/ 1 min walk...2 miles
Friday - Pilates work-out AM/ Zumba work-out 30 minutes PM

I know - it looks intense.  It's suppose to be.  If I can get through the week doing that then anything is possible. 

That's the plan.  I'm dead serious about this - and I'm not backing down.

Again, if you want to join me - please do.  Check in with me each day and let me know how you're doing, if you have any questions...stuff like that.  Also, you don't have to do exactly what I'm doing - change it up - do what you want.

OK - that's it for today - got to get some errands run.  Gonna relax today - cause the next week is going to be T-O-U-G-H... but I know I can do it!!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!