Saturday, February 18, 2012

Could I Have Possibly Found a New Hobby?

Dear Diary...

I'm making a quick check-in before it's time to get to Kid Free Adventure, Day 2.  Last night, I had a lot of fun.  Hubby and I went to his parent's house for dinner.  The intent was to have dinner and then play some games, but instead it was eat dinner and sit around and talk and laugh for about 3 hours.  I'm thinking I kind of preferred it that way.  It's been a long time since we've spent some time with Hubby's parents, so it was nice to catch up for a while.

Dinner was, of course, not good.  Pizza and buffalo wings.  HOWEVER, I only ate 2 pieces of pizza and 3 hot wings for dinner.  And that was after not really eating a whole lot all day.  Not too bad.  Although, the king size Snickers and barbeque Fritos I ate around midnight last night can stay a secret, m'kay?

Let's forget the food intake for a while, and get to what today's blog is about.  My big purchase from last night.  Well, technically it was Hubby's big purchase.  We decided to buy RockSmith for our Playstation 3.  It's the "game" that teaches you how to play a real electric guitar.  The "game" even comes with an electric guitar.  Now, I'll admit, playing the guitar has never been something I've really been interested in.  But, I always LOVED the guitar hero game.  The idea of being able to play a game that's going to teach me to actually play the guitar is very exciting to me. 
Plus, I can sing.  That's something I don't think I've ever shared with you guys before.  I'm pretty good at it, too.  Even though my karaoke skills haven't done the best at highlighting that, I can actually carry a pretty good tune.  My mom tried for years to get me to try out for American Idol, but I never considered something like that.  For one, I had terrible stage fright.  It wasn't until a night out with Sanity and Hope last year that I actually got the nerve up to step on a small stage and perform some very bad, nervous karaoke that made me face that fear.  After that?  Well, there was no stopping me.  I was singing my little heart out at least once a month, and when I was actually being serious about it - I sounded really good... if I say so myself.

Anywho,  my chances of ever trying out for American Idol is gone - I'm too old now - but learning how to play the guitar is something I'd never thought about that would be great to accompany my singing.  Even if it is for private performances on holidays.  I just think it would be cool.  So, I'm gonna give it a try.  Take it up as a new hobby, and see where I get.

Alright, enough time wasted... I've got a very long day of shopping and spending time with my amazing Hubby a head of me.  I. Can't. Wait!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!