Sunday, February 26, 2012

There Are Definitely Some Changes Taking Place Up In Here

Dear Diary...

I'm feeling really good this morning.  I can't quite pinpoint the reason that I'm feeling so good.  It's quite possible that Hubby spiked my coffee this morning with some happy pills.  No.  That can't be right.  I don't think for a second that Hubby has a secret stash of happy pills.  Although, now that I think about it....

There has to be another explanation to why I'm feeling so peppy at 9am on a Sunday morning.  It wasn't from a wonderful night of sleep.  I went to bed a little after midnight, and for some reason woke up a few times in the night for no reason whatsoever.  That seems to be a common thing with me and Saturday nights, lately.  For the past few weeks, I've had trouble getting a good night's sleep on Saturday night.

Could my chipperness have something to do with the day I had yesterday?  Could it have something to do with the kick ass week I've had?  I'm thinking Yes. And Yes!

Let's start with this week, shall we?  You've heard how I've been doing - because I've told you about it every day.  I'm not going to go on with every minuet detail, or indulge my little secrets of some of the things that haven't been on point.  That's what my Tuesday confession posts are for.  I fall in to that pit every week.  I confess every day, and then when Tuesday comes around - I'm lost at what I can confess.  This week, I'm keeping some stuff locked away until Tuesday.

So, let's move on to the day I had yesterday.  It started out with my planning on going out to return the knockoff Toms I bought a few days ago, and doing some grocery shopping.  Then, it turned in to needing to find somewhere to get Jelly's haircut - cause she needed it.  She's 4 and has never had a hair cut.  In my defense, the child was bald until she was 2 1/2...so her long hair has developed over the past year.  I found out that Smart Style at our Wal-Mart was having a $8 hair cut promotion...so that's where we headed first.

Once we got there, I decided that I would get a hair cut.  It's something I've been wanting to do for a while - but I was holding off.  The reason I was holding off was stupid.  I don't feel "pretty" when I'm not doing well with my weight - and getting a hair cut means "prettifying" myself.  But, I remembered that I've had a pretty good week - and it might not hurt to give myself a little reward.  So I did.  And you know what?  I love it.  I wish I could share a pic with you right now - but I didn't take a pic after it was cut yesterday, and it doesn't look very good at this very second.

After getting my hair cut, I developed this change within myself.  I liked the way it looked.  I liked the way it felt.  That good feeling swam through my veins.  I realized how good I felt after only one week of eating better, logging my foods, and making small goals each day.  I could look at myself in the mirror and see what I'm working towards, and got a glimmer of hope that I am definitely on the right track.

Once my hair cut was finished, Hubby asked if I wanted to get something to eat at the fried chicken place in the Wal-Mart.  Without even stopping to think about it, I said NO!  I hadn't eaten all day (my bad), and I was hungry - but I just couldn't even fathom eating it.  I chose to go hungry for the time being, until I could get something more healthy.  NSV or what?

I will admit that I didn't eat anything until I got home - which was around 4pm.  That's not good.  That's bad, actually.  I didn't eat anything all day.  Then, when I got home, I made myself a ham and cheese sandwich and a turkey and cheese sandwich.  I also ate some Cheetos later on in the evening.  That's not good, but I knew a few Cheetos wasn't going to kill me - especially after I'd turned down a plate of fried chicken earlier.  My total calorie intake for yesterday was 724 calories.  That's not something I should be proud of.  Anything less than 1200 calories is dangerous.  But it was one day, and not something I plan on doing a lot of.  I feel that I'd rather have 724 calories and be way below my goal than to splurge on fried chicken and be over my calories.

I think that yesterday was kind of a cleanse to my system.  I was faced with a choice.  Being that I was hungry, it would have usually been a no brainer to visit a fast food place and grab something quick to eat.  But my progress this week, and the new hair cut that was a step in beautifying myself halted my heels and made me take a step back and weigh out the situation.  I know that wouldn't have happened a month ago, or even a week ago. 

Right now, I'm sitting in my work-out clothes.  My goal for today was to go to the gym while the kids were at church.  But, the weather is so nice out - I've decided to go for a walk/jog.  It's a 3 mile stretch from my house, down the road, and back...so that's what I'm going to do.

Then, once the kids are picked up, I'm going to go play bingo.  All by myself.  

Goals for today?
  • Walk/jog for at least 30 minutes
  • Eat at least 3 meals
  • Avoid fried food or any kind of junk food at the bingo hall
Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Well done you for avoiding the chicken! Think I may join you in a haircut soon! Here's to a great week!

    PS: Thanks for the lovely comment on my post. Just so you know, I read your blog everyday but I can't comment from my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And you're welcome!! And awww...thanks!! Don't worry about the comments, I totally understand. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great goals and a great "detox" day! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Draz!! I totally need to think of it as a detox day. I made a choice not to eat crap, and ended up not eating nothing at all. It was a way to reboot my system to keep making choices like that. Right?

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! That is an awesome victory! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to reward yourself. New haircut and some time to yourself at Bingo. I hope you win again, although it sounds like you already have this week. I bet your haircut is awesome. You go girl!

    ~Sheilah

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!