Tuesday, February 14, 2012

True Confessions Tuesday....Valentine's Edition

Dear Diary....

Happy Valentine's Day!!  What could be better on this special day about love and romance than me confessing all my dirty little secrets?  Not much.  Well, unless you have one of those mates that totally spoil you for Valentine's Day.  That's way better.  Anywho, here are my confessions for the week...some weight loss related, some weather related, some Valentine's related.....Enjoy!

I confess that I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day.  And I say that only because I'm a person that doesn't get anything for Valentine's.  I'm sure everyone will be receiving nice, romantic stuff from their significant others today like flowers and bears.  I won't.  Because Hubby doesn't believe in doing that kinda stuff. 

I confess that even though I won't be getting anything today for Valentine's today, this weekend I will.  Not from Hubby, technically.  Or should I say specifically for Valentine's.  Hubby and I are going to have a kid-free weekend, thanks to my parents, that I'm super excited about.  Just Hubby and I out on the town for dinner, shopping, and whatever else we decide to do.  I'll take that over some roses any day.

I confess that after just typing that last two confessions, I realized I didn't buy anything for the kids for Valentines.  Yes, Mother of the Year I am.  I sit and complain about not getting anything from Hubby, and then totally forget my children.  Oh well, nothing I can do now.  Will just have to make it up to them by getting them something nice this weekend.  While they are at their grandparent's house. 

I confess that I'm not happy with myself over my food choices this past week.  After a strong start to my gym membership the week before, this past week I have been battling a chest cold.  That made breathing kinda hard.  That kept me away from the gym, but seemed to have somehow told me that I had a free pass to eat whatever the heck I liked.  I've eaten too much junk.  Fried food, candy, fast-food.  All decisions that I now regret, but am ready to leave behind.

I confess that I'm actually looking forward to getting back in to the gym this week.  Despite the fact that I still have a residual hacking cough, I feel healthy enough to get back to the gym and make up for my very poor food choices from the past week.  I'm a day behind thanks to the weather yesterday, but I'll be doing my best to make up for that the rest of the week.  I'll be hitting the two circuit training areas tonight.  And I'll be hitting them hard!

I confess that I'm very nervous about driving to work this morning.  No, make that terrified.  Even though the temperature is above freezing, there is still some snow on the ground.  I have a very strange, irrational fear of driving while snow is on the ground.  Even if it's just on the grass.   I think it has a lot to do with having the kids in the car, but whatever it is - it's one of my biggest fears.  I get very nervous, panicky.  My hands sweat, and I white knuckle my steering wheel for the duration of my car ride.  I've been listening to the news, and they are saying that there should be no ice or snow on the roads... but for some reason, it's not making me feel any better.

I confess that I am loving my new phone.  I guess the phone can be considered a Valentine's gift.  It arrived yesterday, and I've been smitten with it ever since.  It's not really that much difference from my old phone, except for Siri, the duel sided camera, and a built in flash.  But it's always nice to get a new toy - especially knowing that we only paid about a quarter of what they're actually selling for...thanks to upgrades and renewing our contract. 

I confess that it feels really good to not be completely broke for the first time in over a year.  Thanks to tax refunds and my win at bingo on Saturday, Hubby and I are able to breath a little easier at the moment.  Our bills are all caught up, credit cards have been paid off, insurance bills have been paid for the next 6 months, car has been fixed and received a new set of tires, money has been put aside for roof and window repairs.  We did all of the responsible things first, and now we have a little set aside to just have fun with.  That's a mighty good feeling that doesn't happen hardly ever. 

I confess that I'm happy that one of the only things I can think of that I want to buy this weekend is new training shoes.  Of all the things that I could buy, I go straight to something related to working out.  I consider that a positive thing.  In fact, I really can't think of anything else I want.  I don't want to buy any new clothes.  I don't really need anything else.  But giving myself something like a fancy new pair of training shoes makes me feel so much more determined and motivated.

I confess that I really like referring to the new shoes as "training shoes".  That's what they are.  That's what they are advertised as.  I could just say tennis shoes, though.  But I'm not going to.  They are going to be my training shoes.  I'm training for a 5K, I'm training to be a lean machine... I'm training, so it's only fitting I have "training shoes".

I confess that it's now time for me to suck up the fear that's been dwelling in the pit of my stomach, and start getting ready for work.  I'm leaving early today to give myself plenty of time to get there.  I'm not rushing.  If there are any idiots that don't like the way I drive, well...they can just be patient this morning and deal with it. 

Till next time. ;)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love your confessions! Especially the Valentine's Day train of thought and the training shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!