Friday, February 17, 2012

Getting Ready for an Amazing Weekend!!

Dear Diary...

I can't even begin to tell you how freaking excited I am at this very second.  First, I'm at home.  On a Friday.  Thanks to teacher professional development day - that I don't have to attend because I'm not hired as a teacher, which gives me the day off.  Paid.  Second, in a few short hours, I'll be making the drive to Oklahoma to drop off my kids at my parent's house for the entire weekend.  The. Entire. Weekend!

I know it may sound bad that I'm excited to get rid of my kids for the weekend.  It may sound bad, but I don't care.  Hubby and I haven't had any time alone for...urm...well...I can't even remember.  That's bad.  It's important for couples to have some time alone every now and then.  Not for just the obvious reasons (bow, chick-a, bow, bow) but to just spend some time having adult conversations and doing things that adults do when there aren't any kids around.  Going out to nice restaurants, going out for a drink, shopping.  If you have three kids and take them shopping with you....wouldn't it be nice to have a day when you could do it kidless?  If you don't have three kids, then imagine it for a second.  Dragging them around stores.  Listening to them whine.  Taking three times as long to do anything because you can guarantee that they need to go to the bathroom at every single place we stop.  It will be pure heaven to have one shopping trip where that doesn't happen.

Thanks to my win at bingo last weekend, Hubby and I actually have a bit of money to use this weekend to ensure that we have a little fun.  That fun will start tonight when we go out to one of our favorite little bars and have a couple of drinks.  Doing something like going out to a bar with Hubby has me all giddy inside.  I've been out lots of times with my friends, but Hubby always stays home to watch the kids when I do that stuff.  It will be so nice to go to an adult establishment with my Hubby by my side - rather than my best girlfriends. 

Tomorrow, Hubby and I are heading out for an ENTIRE day of shopping.  We're going to travel about an hour and a half to an outlet mall that we both really like, then it's back to hit the malls around us.  We don't really have anything in mind we want to buy - but it sure feels nice to know that we won't be browsing around wishing we had just a little bit of money to buy some of the things we've been wanting.  One thing that I know I want to buy is my training shoes.  Tomorrow is the day I will get to get them! 

After a day full of shopping fun, we'll be having dinner at Red Lobster.  It's a place Hubby and I haven't eaten at for about 15 years.  I went with some friends when I was in junior high, and he went around the same time with family.  OK, it's not the fanciest restaurant in the world - but it suits our needs.  To be able to eat lobster for dinner is a luxury neither of us has had in way too long - so we're going to indulge just this one time.

I know it all sounds very materialistic.  Just because I get a little extra money, I'm going to blow it.  But that's not the case.  Hubby and I have been very responsible with our money.  The first thing we did is pay off our bills, paid some in advance, pay off our credit cards, and see to it that the vehicles are all in working order.  I even did some charitable stuff.  Yesterday, at school, we did Jump Rope for Hearts.  It's an activity where the kids were sponsored to jump rope for 30 minutes to raise money for the American Heart Association.  I sponsored 4 kids who wanted to participate but didn't have the means.  I then gathered with the kids at 1:45 yesterday afternoon and jumped rope with them for 30 minutes.  It was a lot of fun, and it felt great to be able to give a couple of kids the opportunity to participate in something that they wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't of stepped in. 

I'm going to do my best to be careful this weekend with my food intake.  I'm planning on going to the gym Sunday morning.  Not making any promises, but it's something that's on the to-do list for the weekend.  Right now, the only thing on my mind is to relax, have some fun, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW What a great weekend planned!! I love that you're taking time for you and your hubby to enjoy yourselves! And you deserve it! Any nay-sayers can just stick it where the sun don't shine (oops, was that rude?).

    Enjoy yourself! Indulge a little bit! You can get back to "reality" on Sunday. (Heck, maybe even wait until Monday morning, ha) =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaycie. And no, it wasn't rude at all. I completely agree with you. ;)

      Delete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!