Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm Not Sure You're Going to Believe This...

Dear Diary...

It's the last day of testing.  I'm awake, ready to go and get it over with.  It's been a very long week - and I'm ready for some serious R&R this weekend.

Yesterday was the longest day.  We started at 8:20ish and finished around 1:50.  Even though it was the longest day - I came home feeling a lot more energetic than I had all week.  You wanna know why?  Well, I think it's because I started my day out with a quick run and some light cardio - and ended the afternoon with some hard running while playing soccer.  Whhaaattt???  You say.  Oh yes.  I ran.

Before the testing started yesterday morning, I decided that I would jog around the 1/4 mile track with my kiddos.  Well, I figured I'd start jogging for a few seconds...then walk the rest of the way.  But once I started jogging - I kept going.  I was encouraging the kids to pick up the pace - and used my running as a game for them.  They couldn't let me get in front of them - a race of sorts.  I kept my jog to a slowish pace - but it was a jog.  I pushed myself a couple of times to catch up to some kids - and ended up finishing the whole 1/4 mile stretch after jogging the entire time.  I couldn't believe it.  I don't think I've jogged that far in probably almost a year! 

Wanna know something else?  I could have gone further.  When I was finished with the jog, I wasn't dying.  I wasn't struggling for breath or hyperventilating.  I could have kept running.  So, after I took the kids for their bathroom break, we came back to the classroom to do some yoga and cardio.  I took the kids through the sun salutation - three or four times.  They enjoyed it - and so did I.  Then we finished with 10 jumping jacks and 10 slow seconds of high knees.  It felt incredible.

The test was long, but I wasn't dragging through the whole thing.  I felt as if the day was flying by.  As soon as the test was over, I was ready to get outside and play some soccer.  For about 40 minutes I ran, I tackled, and I ran some more.  I was dripping sweat by the time the whistle blew indicating it was time to go inside.  My heart was racing - and I felt amazing.

Of course, then my allergies started kicking in - but I wouldn't let them get me down.  I sniffed and sneezed - but I didn't run to my inhaler... I sucked it up.  Not the snot - the shortness of breath.  Just clarifying that.  Yesterday was the first day I was able to go the entire day without using my inhaler or breathing treatments in a couple of weeks.  And it was the day I did the most exercise.  How about them apples?

This morning, my legs are pretty sore - but I'm loving the soreness.  I haven't felt it in so long.  I've been wearing my Tone Ups all week - and I will say that they absolutely work.  My legs have been pretty sore all week - just from walking around all day in them.

My eating has still been awful.  But I'm not going to beat myself up too much.  What I was able to accomplish yesterday with the running and exercise erases the guilt from the crappy eating.  OK, I've eaten way too much chocolate and cake - but I've also done more exercise than I've done in weeks.  See how that works?  I can crush a negative with a positive. 

This week has shown me that I crave the exercise.  I need it to fuel me.  I actually had a hard time falling asleep last night - and I know it's because my body was rejoicing and partying over the movement.  This morning I feel refreshed and recharged.  I can't wait to get to school and do the whole thing over again.

It's got me so worked up and excited that I'm already planning a jog/long walk tomorrow morning.  Oh, and there will be the skating in the afternoon.  I want to feel more achy muscles.  Next week, my eating will get back on track once normality is placed back in to my schedule.  And now that I know how much I've missed my exercise - I can start putting the pieces together.

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a nasty gain.  I don't believe it.  Yes, I've eaten crap this week - but not enough for that kind of gain.  I'm chalking it up to my cutting back on the water this week, increasing my exercise, and maybe a little to do with the junk food.  The number further fueled my fire, though, and now I'm more motivated than ever.

Who would have known that all I needed to get over myself was a week of testing and being locked in a room?  But apparently it's exactly what I needed.

I know I've been spewing nothing but crap for the past two weeks.  But, I'm feeling so much different now.  Expect to see some changes in my mood, my movement, and my motivation.  Oh yeah - it's a comin'!  

Warrior Princess has taken over - she's driving this train right now.  She's back in the drivers seat - and she's set her course.  I'd forgotten what it felt like - but now I've been reminded.  And man, it feels good!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. YES! YES! YES!!
    Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

    I am soooooooooo proud of you!! Really, I have the biggest grin on my face for you. I can read in your words how much better you feel!

    Now take your power back and run with it!! Literally!

    Let the Warrior Princess lead the way...you so got this!!

    Congrats again on your run today!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!