Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Third Race for the Cure





Dear Diary...

Today, I'll be participating in my third Race for the Cure.  I'm happy that I'm keeping my promise of participating every year, but I'm sad that this will also be the first year that I'm walking.

Two years ago, I wasn't much heavier than I am now.  I decided to compete in the running 5K even though I knew I wasn't anywhere near ready to run 3 miles.  But, I did it anyway.  I jogged as much as I could - but it wasn't much.  Last year, I was the fittest I'd ever been.  I was able to jog almost the entire 5K.  This year?  I haven't ran in so long that I just know it's not even worth trying - so I'm just going to walk.

I'm not timing myself, I'm not worried about pace - I'm just going to walk beside my daughter and enjoy it.  It's for a good cause, and I'm happy that I get to participate.

After the race, we're going to come home and get ready to head to my mom's.  Mom and I are going for a bingo day.  Our bingo day is the equivalent of those people that go for spa days.  It's our day to relax and rejuvenate.   I'm going to try and focus on not eating too bad.  Even though this is my designated day to eat "freely".  I know that doesn't mean to eat as much as I can and undo everything I've done this week.

I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost 5lbs this week!  Not too shabby.  I'm still 8lbs heavier than what I started this year out - but if I keep doing what I'm doing, that number will be a thing of the past in no time.

Well, I've gotta run...or walk.

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! Congrats on the weight loss!! AWESOME!!!

    Enjoy the race & your day of bingo!! You're starting your day in healthy way - let that lead you into making smart food choices @ Bingo!!!

    Have fun & win some money!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your race! That is so great that you are participating in such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!