Sunday, April 08, 2012

What's On the Agenda Today? Definitely Not Easter Candy

Dear Diary...

I'm feeling a little better today.  Still can't breath through my nose, and I'm coughing every 42 seconds - but other than that?  I'm A OK!

I want to get out of the house for a little while today.  I know - you're wondering why on earth I'd want to go outside when I've been stricken with allergies like I'm dealing with.  But, being inside isn't bringing much relief - so I figure what the heck.  It rained quite a bit yesterday, so I guess today would be the best day to get out and do something.  Even if it's a quick drive to the grocery store to pick up snack foods for this week's testing.

The kids are going to church this morning for the Easter festivities.  That gives me a couple of hours to sneak out alone.

I chose to not buy my kids any Easter candy this year.  Call me a bad mom, or call me mother of the year - but I just don't see any reason why I need to pile them with candy....that I'll end up sharing with them.  Not all holidays need to be celebrated with pounds of candy.  I'm sure they'll get candy at church - so I don't need to add any more fuel to the fire.  And I won't go off on my rant about what eggs and bunnies have to do with Easter.  You don't want me to go there.

I am all for my kids going to church if they want to for the point of learning and observing about the Christian beliefs and holidays, but that doesn't mean I have to drown them in candy that an imaginary bunny - who has absolutely nothing to do with the Easter holiday - brings them.  

Wow, going off on a tangent here - I apologize.  You all know that the real reason I won't buy them candy is because I don't want to tempt myself.  Right?  Yeah.  It may sound bad - it probably is bad - but I'm restricting my kids from the candy because their mother is too weak to stay out of it.  I'm sure they'll thank me one day.  They will.  I'll keep telling myself that over and over.

In other news, I finally got myself registered for this year's Race for the Cure.  This will be my third year participating - but my first year of not competing.  I will be walking/jogging right alongside Peanut - who is also doing it for the 3rd time.  This will be the first year we are together through the race.

It makes me a little sad that I won't be able to compete.  My first year I competed, even though I knew I was miles away from being a true "competitor".  Last year, my time was still pretty high - but I was able to run most of the way.  This year, I'm so out of shape that the walk will definitely be enough.  I just have to keep telling myself that I could have just not done it at all.  Finding the positives, people!

Being sick is the worst in terms of being able to lose weight - but the best for getting the motivation for wanting to work out to lose weight.  A week from now, when hopefully I'm well enough to start working out again - please remind me how much I wanted to work out when I couldn't m'kay?  I'm sure I'll need some pushing and reminding.

I'm really trying to stay positive that each day after work this week, I'll be able to make myself walk around the track at school a few times.  I'm no longer doing the after school program I was doing - so I will be able to leave work a little earlier.  That gives me some added time to work-out.. but until I can use that time at the gym, I could use that time by walking.  I don't see me being able to do any actual running for a while - but whatever I can do is better than nothing.  Right?  Right!

OK, the kids are gone - all dressed up in their cute little Easter outfits - so that means it's time for Momma to hit the shower and sneak out for a while.

Toodles!

Till next time. ;)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!