Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday's Letter... TO SANTA


Dear Santa,

It's me again.  One of your loyal subjects, devoted to preserving a magic set forth at Christmas time by you.  I wrote to you last week asking that you try your best to spread some magic in the households of each of my students.  I have to say that I'm pretty upset that I got an email this week telling me that the small Christmas presents I ordered for each of my students are now on back order and won't be available until after Christmas.  Not really a great way to help me out there, Big Guy.

I know it's not your fault, and you can't possibly control the goings on of a company - but now that they won't be getting that little something from me, it's even more important that you help me out with that request I sent you last week.

This week, I do have a few small things I want to ask for completely for myself.

1.  Please make time go by faster!  This week has been the longest week ever and I just need to you to push the fast-forward button a little next week so that the first three days of the week fly by and put me on Christmas break.

2.  Please send me an elf to borrow to wrap gifts.  Wrapping gifts is fun, for a while, but it soon gets kinda boring.  I would love a little elf helper that can come and get it all over with for me.

3.  Please sprinkle some Christmas spirit over my children so that they stop arguing with each other and get along...even if it's just for the short time between now and Christmas.

4.  Please sprinkle some of that Christmas spirit on me at work and help me get out of this funk of dragging around the school looking like someone just stole my puppy.  Everyone knows I'm tired and I'm ready for Christmas Break, but I don't have to be so obvious about it.  I need to buck up and make the most of the last few days - and have fun.

5.  Read my letter, have a little chuckle to yourself, do what you can, but don't take any effort away from helping out with my last letter.  Seriously, I'd much rather go on with days that last forever than to take one second of your attention away from making a kid's Christmas special.

Writing these little letters to you really helps remind me what I have in my life, and what I need to be thankful for each and every day.  Boo-hoo I want it to be Christmas break.  Doesn't everyone?  I should be thanking all things holy that I even get a Christmas break and have plenty of time to spend with my family.  Many people aren't that lucky.  Some won't even get Christmas day off to spend with their loved ones.  Who am I to complain, whine, or ask for anything?

Alright, I need to go and get ready for work.  Thankfully, there is a giant Christmas celebration going on this afternoon...so that is bound to keep me excited and full of Christmas spirit.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - I know how busy this time of year is for you.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!