Monday, December 10, 2012

My Last Full Week of Work for 2012

So did not want to get up this morning.  Mostly because I stayed up until 11pm last night crocheting.  Never a good idea to stay up until 11pm when your alarm is set for 4:30am.  I hit the 'snooze' button several times before finally dragging my behind out of bed.

I've found a new crochet item I'm trying - and so now I'm all hooked on crocheting again.  I've started making an infinity scarf.  They look like this...


P-Momma told me on Saturday that she really wants one - but they sell for $15-$25 in the stores, and she's not really wanting to pay that much for a scarf.  Yeah, guess who's making one for a total cost of $4... the price of a ball of yarn?  Yep.  That would be me.

And if I'm able to make them and they look as good as I think they will - I'm selling these bad boys.  I could sell them for $10 and still come out with over 100% profit.  It amazes me how much crocheted items sell for in the stores.  Thank goodness I took the time to teach myself how to crochet.

Anywho, I woke up this morning with the realization that this is my last full week of teaching for 2012.  My first year of being a teacher is half over.  It's crazy!

It's hard to think that this time last year, all I really wanted for Christmas was a teaching position.  My own classroom.  My own students.  And I got all of those things and so much more.  It just blows my mind that I have only eight days left of teaching for 2012.

This week, I really want to carry with me how blessed and thankful I am for what I have in my life.  I want to celebrate how far I've come and the struggles I've overcome.  If there's anything I can share with my kiddos this week, it's the story of them all being a very late Christmas present for me this year.

Well, that's pretty much all I've got today.  Sleep deprivation tends to do that to me.  I'm sure I'll have plenty more to say the rest of this week.

Happy Monday!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!