Friday, July 25, 2014

Bring on the Weekend!!

                                    

TGI Friday!!  I'm so ready for the weekend.  Which, is kinda silly being that I'm not working right now and pretty much every day is like a weekend.  But, not everyone I know gets the privilege of having a few weeks off during the summer, so I get to make the most of seeing those people on the weekends.

It's another beautiful morning here in my neck of the woods.  Hasn't gotten hot and muggy, yet, and it's cloudy.  A perfect morning for enjoying some peace and quiet on the patio, with my coffee in hand. I've been up since 6AM and everyone else in the house is still sleeping.  

Don't ask me why I've been up since 6AM... but it's worth it.

I have quite the weekend planned, and it's going to keep me on my toes and away from brooding around the house.  Which is good, because I don't need to spend another minute cooped up indoors. I did manage to get out for a while, yesterday, but it wasn't long enough.

Tonight, it's Girls' Night Out with Sanity.  We're going to tear up the town...well, we're going to go out and have some dinner and find a place to hang out for the evening.  Our version of tearing up the town.  Maybe some karaoke, maybe some live music...whatever.  It's whatever and wherever our little hearts take us.

It's our last big hurrah before we have to go back to work.  She has to go back next week, and I go back the week after.  So, it's only fitting we have an end of the summer/ begin the new year bash.  I got to see her on Tuesday and I'm getting to see her again tonight.  That has to be some kind of record.  It's been a long time since I have had Sanity Time twice in one week.  Yet the crazy thing is, even though we just saw each other 3 days ago, there's still PLENTY to tell her and I'm sure there's plenty for her to tell me.

Then, tomorrow, I'm taking the kids to my beautiful niece's birthday party.  She's going to be 6, so Jada will have a lot of fun I'm sure, but it'll be good to get the other two out of the house for a while also.  And, I'm sure they can find plenty to do due to where the party is being held.  It's going to be so great to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time.  She's actually my ex's niece, but I claim her.  She is too darned cute not to.  Plus, I consider her dad as kind of a brother to me.  

And I'm a firm believer in the fact that you can never have too much family.  Just like I wrote in my post the other day, I'm not about to use my child(ren) as pawns in a game against my ex.  His family is MORE than welcome to spend time with my kids...and it makes it that much sweeter that we can all get along.  

Sunday, I'm hoping to go and see P-Momma for a while.  I haven't seen her in a few weeks, so it's most definitely time.  We, also, have a lot to catch up on and I'm not sure how many more times I'm going to get to see her before school starts.  

So, as you can see, a busy-busy weekend.  I can't wait!!

Now, I should probably clean my house a little and do something productive before I head out tonight.

Have a great Friday, everyone!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!