Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'm a Girl That Likes to Have Fun

                               

Oh what a night!  

I am used to having fun anytime I go out with Sanity, but last night was definitely one of the most fun times I've had in a long time.  I let my hair down and just put myself completely out there to let the night lead me, and have one big last hurrah before it's time to go back to work.

When I'm with Sanity, I know how to let my hair down.  I managed to face one of my long time fears a few years back when I took the stage for the first time since high school to sing in public.  And, it's now become one of our traditions to head to our favorite karaoke place when we get together so that I can belt out a few favorite songs.  Despite the fact that I now have the nerve to get up there and do it, it doesn't stop the butterflies each and every time I hear the KJ say my name.  But, I do it...and I have an absolute blast.

Last night was somehow different, though.  It wasn't about getting up to sing, it was just about having some fun.  Laughing until our sides hurt, not caring what anyone thought, and throwing all caution to the wind as we sat and took in the sights around us.  

We started the night out by having dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.  We talked, we ate, and we planned out how we were going to spend our evening.  Which, was the same plan that we always make.  Head to our favorite little bar and watch some live music, then head on over to the karaoke bar to end out the night.  It's what we do each and every time we go out, but we like to pretend that we don't have any specific plans and we'll just see where we end up.  It works for us.

After dinner, we sat out on the patio of our favorite little bar and waited for the music.  We enjoyed a couple of adult beverages, and talked about life and all the new stuff that's going on.  Then, the band got started up...and... well, I wasn't impressed.  It was a bluegrass band, and that's just not my thing.  I'm not a country lover, but I would have preferred country music over bluegrass.  It just didn't sound good, to me, and so I was ready to get out of there pretty quick and head on over to the karaoke bar.

While we were listening to the music, though, one of Sanity's friends texted her and asked "Aren't you a little old for stuff like that?" Urm..what?  Heck no we're not!! And it was something about that question that made me fire up and really want to have a good time.  A crazy time.  Like we used to a few years ago, while we were still in college.

So, we headed on over to our karaoke place and let the night really begin.  

And what a night it was.  I got to sing a little, but the place was so crowded, it was much more fun to just sit and listen to other people sing and enjoy each other's company.  We bought a couple of drinks and just sat at the bar chatting to people around us and the bartenders.  It felt so good to just have some fun with complete strangers, laugh together.  Right after I sang my first song, the bartender brought us over a drink that we hadn't ordered.  At first I thought he'd made a mistake, but then he told us that a couple of guys had bought the drinks for us.  I was shocked.  I mean, I've had guys buy me drinks before, but it's been a REALLY long time.  I'm never out looking for guys to do that.  It doesn't even cross my mind that something like that would be a possibility.  I mean, I don't look like those cute college girls that walk around that place.  I usually keep pretty much to myself, other than joining in conversation with the people around us... so I was pretty flattered that a guy had wanted to buy me a drink.  And they weren't the only free drinks we received, either.  There were a couple of drinks passed down the bar for us, which totally caught me by surprise.  

I mean, again, I don't go out looking for male attention.  I go out for one reason and one reason only:  To spend time with my best friend.  That's it.  Period.  I don't have time to be hit on by semi-drunk men.  I also have no interest in that.  But, I also don't even consider it a possibility.  I often don't let the thought even wander in to my head, because it's just not something I usually have to worry about. There are PLENTY of good looking women that troll around the bars looking for that type of stuff.  Much better looking than me.  But, I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't appreciate the attention.  There's nothing more boosting to my self-esteem than being considered attractive enough to be hit on.  I don't even care how bad that sounds.  It's the truth.  I'll take some free drinks....it doesn't mean they're going to get anything out of me besides a "thanks".  

All in all, we had an absolutely FANTASTIC time.  Like always.

I don't think I could ever get tired of our little nights out.  They only happen every once in a while, but when they do happen we sure do make the most of it.  

Now I have to get ready so that I can take the kids to my niece's birthday party.  They've been excited about it all week...as have I.  

Everyone have a great Saturday!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!