Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's a Beautiful Morning!!

Wow...just wow.  That's all I can say.  Middle of July and I have all the doors and windows open in my house because it's so freakin beautiful outside.  Temps in the 70s.  The SEVENTIES...when does that happen in July?

I can and probably will spend my entire day sitting on the patio.  Soaking in this beautiful weather.  There's something about it that just makes me feel happy.  In fact, I'm not going to spend the day on the patio, I'm also going to get out and go for a long walk.  A really long walk.  Burn off some calories, listen to some music, clear my mind, and enjoy this day.  

We're supposed to have a couple of days like this.  Cool temps.  I'm sure the heat will return with vengeance soon enough, but for now I'm going to soak up this little break and enjoy every minute of it. Some people are complaining about it.  Of course they are..HA!  Summer is supposed to be about hot days and swimming to cool off.  I'm perfectly content with days like this so that I can enjoy being outside without having to jump in the pool or a cold shower to cool off.  

In fact, I think it's a great day to go to the park for a while.  All of us.  The kids can play while I walk.. it'll be good for all of us.  

I'm down another 2lbs this morning.  I don't like to weigh myself too often, but sometimes I can't help it.  I won't stand on the scale again until at least next Monday.  Now that I see the scale moving in the right direction, it gives me excitement to go a longer amount of time so that I can check again and see how much progress I've made.  So far, I've lost 7lbs since getting back from vacation.  That's a pretty decent loss for 6 days.  Again, I know it's mostly water weight and I'm not doing anything unhealthy in order to lose that much weight so quickly.  It will slow down, now, and I'll have to start working harder if I want to see the number continue to go down.

And I want that number to keep going down, so badly.  

Yesterday, I was challenged to a fun Facebook photo thing where I had to post 5 pictures of myself that make me feel beautiful.  Do you know how difficult that is for me?  I take selfies of myself quite often, and have no problem posting them on Facebook... but nobody knows how many times I took those photos over and over and over again because every time I look at a picture of myself, all I can think is UGH.  In the end, I post a picture I can live with, but it doesn't mean I think I'm beautiful in those pictures.  But, I managed to find some pictures I really did like of myself, and I posted them.  It made me realize that I want to be able to post pictures of myself and feel good about them.  Not take 1500 photos just to get a shot that doesn't make me look or feel fat.  

I will get there.  I know I will.  Once again.  

Well, I'm going to keep it short today.  I have an urge to write, so I'm going to work on my book some more.  It's a perfect day for it.  

Everyone enjoy this BEAUTIFUL day!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!