Thursday, July 31, 2014

OK, I Think I'm Finally Ready...

                             

The past couple of days have been rough.  Monday I wasn't feeling good, Tuesday I was full blown sick but thought I was getting better, and yesterday I had to stay in bed all day because I was having trouble breathing and just walking down the hallway made me feel like I was going to pass out.  Early yesterday evening I seriously considered a trip to the ER because I was feeling so crappy.  I couldn't sit up without feeling dizzy, and it felt like I couldn't get any air in to my lungs.  

The intention was to call the doctor first thing this morning and get me in there.  However, I somehow managed to fall asleep last night, using my inhaler to calm my breathing down enough to where it didn't feel like I was suffocating, and woke up this morning feeling MUCH better.  The wheezing and tightness to my chest is gone, I feel like I have some energy, and I can walk from one end of the house to the other without feeling like I'm going to pass out.  I still have a little bit of a cough, but it doesn't hurt my entire chest when I cough.  

Unfortunately, though, it appears Jelly wasn't able to make it through without catching whatever I had. She woke me up this morning because she was throwing up in the bathroom.  Awesome.  She has been sleeping since, but if she wakes up feeling like she did this morning, we'll be going to the doctor. I won't go to the doctor, myself, unless I actually think I'm dying.  My kids, on the other hand, are a different story.  They go to the doctor if they get sick...their little bodies don't have the immune system like I do.

Anywho, I'm feeling better, and after being bed ridden for the past three days it's made me realize one thing:  I'm ready to get back in to my classroom.  I didn't see it happening anytime soon and thought I'd have to force myself to go back next week, but being stuck in the bed with nothing more to think about except how much I want out of the bed made me start thinking about some ideas I plan on doing for my classroom.  

This morning, I woke up to a rainy, dreary day and thought it would be a perfect day to drive in to school and work in my classroom a bit.  But, then I started thinking about all the dust that's probably collected over everything, and how it probably wouldn't be such a good idea to start moving heavy, dust covered furniture after recovering from a chest cold.  

But no matter.  Just because I'm not driving in to work today doesn't mean I can't get some work done here.  I'm going to start working on some binders, peruse Pinterest, and maybe get a little crafty and make some stuff.  I may hold off until Monday for actually getting in to my classroom, but I plan on staying plenty busy at home getting stuff ready.  

I'm going to be starting online portfolios this year for my kids, so I need to get a platform for that squared away.  I also need to create my classroom website, something I'll be dabbling with again this year.  I plan on bringing in a lot of technology, this year.  And that's one project I can do from the comfort of my couch or home office.  

I hate being sick, but I also think I needed it in order to mentally prepare myself for facing the fact that school starts in exactly two weeks from today.  For a teacher, that's not much time to get ready.  So, I just have to face the fact that my summer is now coming to an end, it's time to get my head back in to work mode, and start getting busy.

School year 2014-2015 here I come!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!