Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Have No Time for Sickness!

Yesterday morning, I woke up not feeling too great.  I had a slight headache, my throat was a little sore, and I felt really tired.  I didn't think much of it, though, as there was stuff that needed to be done.  Butter had appointments he needed to get to, and I was the only one that could get him there.

As the day wore on, the headache started getting worse.  As I was sitting in the waiting room at Butter's doctor's office, the pain in my head was so intense that it actually brought tears to my eyes.  I have had migraines before, but nothing like what I had yesterday.  It felt like someone was drilling in to the side of my head with a jack hammer.  Like my brain was bring shaken in my skull.  And then I started sneezing and coughing, which only made the pain in my head ten times worse.

By the time I got home, I felt like my whole body had been drained of every ounce of energy.  It hurt to walk, it hurt to sit, and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes from the pain.  There was only one thing I could do:  Head to bed.  

It even hurt to close my eyes, but felt better than keeping them open.  I was able to drift off to sleep for a little while, and then I was being woken up because dinner was ready.  I had absolutely no appetite, but knew I needed to try and eat something.  The pain in my head had reduced down to a dull thudding.  But, it didn't take long for the pain to return when I started eating.  With each bite that I took, it was like my brain was being squeezed out of my ears.  As I moved my jaws, the pain intensified.  As soon as I was able to get a bit of food in me, it was straight back to bed.  

I have not felt so crappy in...well, I don't even remember.  My whole body ached, I had to take my inhaler because my chest was on fire, and my nose was running like a faucet.  Throw that in with my jack hammer headache, and I was a pitiful sight.

All I could do was pray that sleep would help, and take away some of the pain.  And, so I slept.  It was about 6PM when I went to bed, and then the next thing I know it's after 10PM.  I woke up to a quiet house, and I was disoriented for a bit.  My head felt much better but my chest and nose still didn't feel great.  I am pretty sure I was running a fever, because I felt warm to the touch but I was shivering and freezing.  I decided to get up and get something to drink.  

I sat up for a while, but it didn't take long before the aching to start back up and I knew I had to go back to bed.  I ended up sleeping until after nine this morning.  Thankfully, when I woke up, I felt much better.  The headache is gone, thank goodness!  I'm still dealing with a stopped up nose and sore throat, but I'll take that over that monster headache.  I was also drenched in sweat, so I assume my fever broke.

Despite sleeping for so long, I still feel very drained.  Like I could easily go back to bed and sleep all day.  I don't want to do that, though, cause there's too much to do...and I don't need to throw my sleep cycle out of whack anymore than it is.  

I guess I'm glad this all decided to come on now.  I only have a week and a half before I go back to work, so I don't need to be dealing with a sickness then.  I'm sure I got sick because I haven't been sleeping near as much as I should be, and the exhaustion finally took over.  Lesson learned.  

Now, my top priority is to get better so I can think about heading in to my classroom to start getting it ready.  As much as I'm not anywhere near ready for the summer to be over, I know that I have to start putting myself back in to work mode.  I have a stack of binders that need to be put together, I have to start thinking about back to school plans, and I need to get in to my classroom to start putting it the way I want it.  

I have been thinking about how I want to set my room up...something different, hopefully more use of the space.  

But more about that later.  

I'm sure there'll be plenty of classroom talk in the days to come.

Right now, though, I think I need to jump in the shower and focus on getting better.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!