Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 6: A Day Late..Sorry

Yesterday was a super busy day for me, and I apologize for not getting to the blog - but a day late is better than never. I'll still post day 7 today - will just be later this evening.

Yesterday was a pretty hectic day for me - but I stayed on track. I drank plenty of water yesterday, and enjoyed a lunch of 12 wheat-thins topped with red pepper hummus..YUM!! Dinner last night was my first real meal in 5 days. I had a very small piece of steak (3ozs) and half a baked potato which I put a tablespoon of dairy free Smart Balance butter on. Even though I went above my 1 serving of carbs for the day - I stayed under my 450 calories - just about.

I slacked on my work-out last night, because I ended up falling asleep on the couch due to my exhausting day at work. I don't feel too bad about it, because at work I was walking pretty much all day - so I feel that I got some type of exercise in.

Eating dinner last night was interesting. My usual portion of a meal like that is a 8oz steak, a full baked potato LOADED with butter and cheese, and then a huge helping of green beans or corn (which my dear hubby cooks in tons of butter). I can usually eat a dinner like that with ease, and still manage to follow it up with a bowl of ice-cream. Last night, I barely made it through my dinner. I felt full after eating the steak and half a baked potato. This is huge progress to me because it's a possible sign that my stomach is shrinking and as long as I continue on this path, my body will adjust to being satisfied after much smaller portions - which is my ultimate goal.

I was also very satisfied after my lunch. I planned accordingly, only taking to work with me 12 wheat thins in a ziploc (which is a carb serving). The hummus I used very sparingly on each of the crackers. It curbed the hunger, left me satisfied, and gave me the energy I needed to get me thru my grueling day.

For those of you that have been sending me well wishes - THANK YOU!! It really makes me feel so pumped when I read the comments and supportive tweets. It's still very early in the process -but it's been a very pleasant and positive process thus far. I didn't want this to be a boring blog of what I've eaten, what I did to work out, etc - which I know that's how it's seeming - but I'm going to try and be more entertaining in the coming days. Just knowing that despite the lack of entertainment this blog is really bringing to the table - knowing that I'm inspiring some of you really pushes me forward - and I thank you for that.

Till later this evening. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!