Saturday, June 06, 2009

Visual Motivator

I really hate having my picture taken because I hate the way I look. This past week, my family took a trip to the zoo - and like is customary, I had my picture taken a few times. I cringed when I saw the photos. It's one thing to know that you're overweight when you see yourself in the mirror, but a totally devastating event when seeing a photo of yourself.

After looking through the photos, I decided that I need to cringe at the sight of myself everytime I reach for a "no-no" food item, or I think "missing one night of work-out won't hurt too much", and the best way to do that is to make sure my horrible photos are slapping me in the face at all times.


I picked out a few of the photos from my trip, and I've plastered them around so that while I'm in the kitchen I can see them. The visual motivation is a great way to think "ugh, I really hate looking that way" and gives me the energy I need to keep doing something about it.


Here is my "visual motivator" that boils my blood everytime I look at it - and keeps the crap out of my mouth:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!