Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Allergies are in the Air...UGH!!

There's nothing better than living in the woods with nature's beauty outside every window...except, of course, if you suffer from severe seasonal allergies.  Yep, it's that time of year again.  Flowers are in bloom, leaves on the trees, beautiful green grass - all of which lead to itchy, watery eyes and and runny nose. 

Allergies are such a damper on someone that is trying to lose weight.  I don't mind working out inside, but I really love being able to go out early on the weekends and run. Can't do that if you spend the whole time sneezing, and not being able to see from watery eyes.

I really HATE to take medicines of any kind.  I consider myself a naturalist, and not a fan of any medicines.   I try to put up with allergies as long as I can, and use a number of natural remedies - but sometimes I just have to break down and take something.  The problem with that, no matter what I take it knocks me out.  I'm serious, I can't even take an advil without it causing me to be drowsy and groggy for a good 2 hours!!  I don't take cold medicines, pain pills - nada - and if I do break down and take an allergy pill, it puts me out of commission.  I don't know what to do. 

It makes me a little nervous about bootcamp, because I will spending a lot of time exercising outside.  I'm hoping that I can just suck it up (or sniff it up in this situation) and I won't have too many problems.  That's wishful thinking - but it's the best that I can do. 

Anyways - enough of my "poor me" pity party - time to get ready for another fun filled day.  I'm thinking I'm going to break out the Last Chance DVD workout tonight - although I haven't decided if I should do it before or after the Biggest Loser Season Finale.  Oh yeah, I'm so excited about that.  I can't wait to see how well the contestants have done.  I'm rooting for Mike - cause that guy is my serious motivation.  In 5 months he managed to lose over 200lbs!!!  Now that is amazing! 

Wow - sorry about the blah blog today....I'm gonna blame it on the allergies ;)

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!