Friday, May 21, 2010

Finding the Girl Within

As a fat chick, I was never one for glitz and glamour.  I was much happier in sweats, t-shirt, tennis shoes, and a messy pony tail.  I hate seeing overweight people wearing skin tight clothing, so I wasn't about to scare others with a similar style.

Now that the weight is coming off, I'm starting to feel more "girly".  One big step for that is now being able to find clothes in the women's section of the store rather than only being able to shop in the plus sizes.  Now, there's nothing wrong with the plus size clothing - but more often than not, the clothes I found there were hardly "flattering" (no pun intended).  Going from a size 22-24 to a size 18 has been a huge accomplishment, but I'm still along way from being done,  With that said, however, I haven't been able to help buying new things that show the more femine side of myself.  One thing I learned very quickly, however, is that going out and replacing my wardrobe for size 18 clothing isn't something I want to do.  I've browsed consignment stores and boutiques, and I always check out the clearence racks at clothing stores.  I've been really lucky, thus far.  I have a few pairs of pants and shirts that are size 18, and they will do me until I move down to a size 16. 

Today, I couldn't help myself, and broke down and bought a couple of summer dresses.  Now, the word "dress" has NEVER been in my vocabulary.  I have never been a dress wearer, or a dress liker.  I really don't know what happened to me today while I was out.  I just had this urge come over me that said "it's time, go find a nice dress".  So, I went over to the dress section and ended up buying 3 of them!!  Now, one good thing about dresses is that they can be good for a while regardless of size.  What I mean by that is if I lose some more weight, the dresses will still fit.  I can wear a belt with them, and don't have to worry about that "too big" look. 

I'm really digging this new girly feeling I'm having.  Yes, I'm still overweight, but I've lost a lot of weight - and for that I'm proud.  So, I will get a couple of pics later in my new digs and maybe post them tomorrow.  :)

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!