Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time for a Change

Yesterday was one of those days that made me say "it's time to change something".  I do this a lot.  Maybe it's a change in workouts, or a change in the types of shoes I wear...yesterday it was a change in me as a person (with a couple of materialistic changes on the side..HA!).

Being a senior in college at 28 is a wonderful feeling. I'm finally achieving my dream of becoming a teacher, I have made some wonderful friends, and I dedicated myself 100% to doing a great job.  Yesterday, I also came to the realization that I have changed as a person - I'm more confident in the way I feel about myself.

I explained a few days ago how I was starting to feel more "girly" and that has a lot to do with the change that I'm feeling.  I also feel younger, more care-free - and decided it was time to let that "me" show.  So, last night I went and had my hair chopped off...literally, it's short.  I wanted something funky, edgy, and different - and that's exactly what I got. (The pictures don't do it justice - it's not fixed...I will post new pics hopefully tomorrow with it all fixed).  My hair cut was the physical representation of the new me that is emerging - but the internal changes are also amazing. 

So, switching gears just a bit, I just have to take a second to talk about last night's Biggest Loser Finale.  I was so happy to see the transformations that the contestants made - but my mouth hit the floor when Mike walked onto the stage.  If you haven't seen the show, Mike started the competition weighing 526lbs!!  Last night, after 6 months, he weighed in around 250lbs!!  He lost half of his body weight in 6 months! When I saw him come through that paper image of him at 526lbs all I could think was "DAMN, HE'S HOTT!!"..LOL  Then it hit me - look at what these people have done.  They have gone from severely overweight to absolutely gorgeous.  To tie this in with today's post - that's how I want to feel, and starting to feel. 

Today is a new day for me, ladies and gals.  It's time for me to finally be the beautiful one.  So, look out, cause new, sexy me is emerging...and I'm not going to stop until she's completely out of her shell.

Here's a couple more pics of the "do":




















Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!