Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I Love Ya Tomorrow....

One of the biggest obstacles I've been working with my weight loss is the magical saying "I'll just do it tomorrow". 

Who hasn't planned on getting up 30 minutes early to work out, just to hit the snooze button and say "I'll get up early tomorrow", or come home from a long day with every intention of working out to say "Ugh, it's been a long day, I'll work out tomorrow".  Well, one thing I've realized - TOMORROW NEVER COMES!!

Now, I'm so guilty of this very thing.  I don't know how many times I've planned on having a long workout, or going out for a run only to say "I'll make up for it tomorrow".  The worst one I've had to deal with is "I can eat a slice of pizza, I'll just work out harder tomorrow".  Well, that's all good and well - but TOMORROW NEVER COMES!!

Are we seeing a pattern here??  So, how do you fix it??  That's a great question that I wish I had the answer for.  I still struggle with it every day.  The only way that I've been able to deal with it is by not saying those words.  I've found if I say "if I don't get my ass on that treadmill, I'm going to regret it come weigh-in day" or "it's been a stressful day, I bet a run would help deal with it" I'm more likely to actually do what it is I've intended to do.  Try putting a motivating or postivite attachment on things.  Instead of thinking of getting to that workout as a chore, think of it as a reward. 

So, I wanted to throw this post in here because I wanted people to see that I'm no expert when it comes to losing weight.  I try to share the things that are working for me, the things that don't work, and the things that I struggle with.  This is a process that I'm still learning - and still having trouble with. 

The idea came to me this morning when a question was posed on a forum that I'm a member of.  The question was "would you ever consider taking a dear Abby job, if it was offered to you?"  Well, my response was that I kind of feel that I already hold some kind of similar accountability with this blog and the questions that I answer from people about my weight loss.  Then I thought, well, I'm no Jillian Michaels so am I really helping people if I haven't accomplished my goals yet?  Well, yes - I think I am.  In my opinion, people can follow this blog and take what they can from it.  I want people to see my struggles, my accomplishments, and my downfalls and learn what they can from them.  At the end of the day, this blog is a level of accountability that I use for my own motivation.  I feel that if I know people are counting on me to suceed, maybe it will motivate them to do the same.  So, hopefully, I'm doing that.

Till next time.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!