Friday, May 14, 2010

Officially Enlisted!!

Well, that's it, my enlistment papers are signed and I'm officially enrolled in Fitness Bootcamp.  The camp begins June 2nd, and after my visit to the facility today I'm excited and a little nervous. 

I met with the bootcamp head instructor today, and he's a great guy.  He's friendly, motivating, and very supportive.  He explained the whole process - and that part left me on the uneasy side.  Hearing about what's going to be expected of me was a little daunting, but hearing that I'm going to lose some serious weight and gain serious muscle eased that fear just a little.  He shared some of the success stories that he's had in the past, and told me that as long as I show up for every session I will achieve my goal of getting under 200lbs by the beginning of August.

The facility really is amazing.  I've driven by the World Gym many times, but never been inside.  It is definately a top of the line facility - and the obstacle course, well, not sure how to describe that.  If there's anything about this course that resembles a real military bootcamp, it's the course.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get across monkey bars, climb up walls, climb up rope ladders, and all that jazz - but I will give it a damn good try. 

So, I got a few weeks before I start.  That's given me some motivation to get off my arse and start working out again.  I DO NOT want to show up on my first day, and be back to square one on my fitness level.  I've worked hard the first four months, so I want to be ready to face competition my first night - not eating their dust.

Till next time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's on your mind - I love to hear from you!